Tory leadership Page 18

Truss and Sunak reportedly pulling out of the third debate on Sky.

Liz Truss says she saw children being let down when she was at school and so decided to become a Conservative.
She was born in 1975 and so every minute of her education in Britain was spent under a Conservative government.
Wake up, Liz!

I think that's the problem.
They're trashing each other and trashing the Conservative Party's record in office.
Not that we need an hour long TV debate to do that.
A quick look out of the window should suffice.

EDIT: Sky have cancelled the debate.

It was going downhill to the point it was more like listening to the defence statements at Nuremburg.

Quote: beaky @ 8th July 2022, 5:06 PM

As it becomes increasingly obvious that Brexit is a complete shitshow, it will eventually be overturned.

It can't be. It was democratically decided by the British public.

Just imagine how they'd treat us if we tried begging to come back now. We'd be treated like shit!

Of course, in the 1975 referendum, the British electorate chose to stay in the EEC by a three to one margin.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 18th July 2022, 8:06 PM

Of course, in the 1975 referendum, the British electorate chose to stay in the EEC by a three to one margin.

OK - I heard you the first time!

But that was a long time ago. Almost 40 years. It's only been about 7 since we decided to leave.

It'll take about 10 years.
It'll happen bit by bit, no one will mind, or even notice, as long as we don't "officially" re-join.
And, to be honest, I think that'll happen who ever's in power - the current set-up is too problematic.
A bit quicker under Labour, but it'll happen.

Oh, and my money's on Truss now.

Quote: Lazzard @ 18th July 2022, 10:39 PM

It'll take about 10 years.
It'll happen bit by bit, no one will mind, or even notice, as long as we don't "officially" re-join.
And, to be honest, I think that'll happen who ever's in power - the current set-up is too problematic.
A bit quicker under Labour, but it'll happen.

But the French and Germans will make us grovel and treat us like shit.

Quote: Lazzard @ 18th July 2022, 10:39 PM

Same here. I really thought they going to go for Mordaunt before.
Fascinating to watch them make a catastrophic error like this.
Sunak or Mordaunt could have led them to victory. I'm really not sure Truss can.
A good thing really as we really need a change of government now. The record of the last 12 years has been abysmal, particularly when compared to the 13 years before that.

For the sake of the country the Tory Party should be shredded, so whoever's the worst should win. Hard to say...

To new readers:
Welcome to the BCG (Labour division.)
Where fantasies and opinions will be written as facts.
Come join the muck-raking and character assassinations from glass houses.
The permanently wronged will be happy to accommodate you.

Steve's cross again.
Must be watching his party imploding that's doing it.

Quote: beaky @ 19th July 2022, 9:48 AM

For the sake of the country the Tory Party should be shredded, so whoever's the worst should win. Hard to say...

Truss would be fantastic.
She won't last a minute.

Truss would be great for Labour, although I did like her sly jab at Rishi's education during the last debate.

Kemi Badenoch out

Rishi Sunak - 118 (up 3)
Penny Mordaunt - 92 (up 10)
Liz Truss - 86 (up 15)
Kemi Badenoch - 59 (up 1)

Bulk of Kemi votes going to Truss, surely?