Tory leadership Page 7

Quote: billwill @ 7th July 2019, 6:30 PM

Technically they are voting for the leader of the conservative party not the PM.

The leader of the majority political party is not necessarily chosen to be the PM but that is usually the case.

Bollocks, Bill. Never mind your 'technically' shit. Since you're so into (boring) statistics, tell us when there's ever been a case since 1900 when the leader of the ruling party was not the PM. Whether we like it or not we'll be landed with the scum that the Little Englander Tories vote for.

Quote: Briosaid @ 7th July 2019, 9:11 PM

tell us when there's ever been a case since 1900 when the leader of the ruling party was not the PM.

If, by "ruling party", you mean the party with the highest number of MPs then the periods 24 August 1931 to 27 October 1931 and 1 March 1974 to 4 March 1974 spring to mind.

I believe that millions upon millions of decent people voted for Brexit for various reasons that are relevant to them and as such they have a right to be pissed off after winning a democratic vote that was properly run and provided a genuine majority. I would be!
Its whats on offer that's the real problem for both sides for instance the West Midlands has a lot of leavers, some may have wanted less foreign people while others may have voted so that their relatives in the Commonwealth could replace the people who were asked to leave.
A fisherman could want access to more fish and could see Brexit as a chance to help him and his family meet their bills, while the fishmonger could get ruined after a frozen load fails to reach the continent .
Its complex and it has the potential to rock us as a nation, we're split at the moment but we're not rocking yet.
So ' lets hope we can find something that ticks enough boxes for the winners and doesn't leave the losers feeling like all is lost.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 7th July 2019, 9:41 PM

If, by "ruling party", you mean the party with the highest number of MPs then the periods 24 August 1931 to 27 October 1931 and 1 March 1974 to 4 March 1974 spring to mind.

Names?

Quote: Briosaid @ 7th July 2019, 10:10 PM

Names?

Ramsay MacDonald & Edward Heath.

Isn't 'Tory leadership' an oxymoron?

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 7th July 2019, 6:24 PM

These votes will then be counted by members of the conservative party.

No, the vote is administered by Electoral Reform Services.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 7th July 2019, 6:24 PM

many of who joined in anticipation of this vote and who are openly known to have access to any number of ballot papers

Also total nonsense.

Quote: Briosaid @ 7th July 2019, 9:11 PM

Whether we like it or not we'll be landed with the scum that the Little Englander Tories vote for.

Thank God we won't be laden with the scum the Little Scotlander ScotNats vote for, eh?

Given the amount of left wing comedians and comedies that this page deals with and lives off I am surprised at the level of venom in that Aaron.
I may have got the voting process wrong but the 'Entryism' and Extra Ballot sheets are recorded fact.
As for your view of the Scots being 'Scum' that's way over the top and nasty.
So this will probably be my last post before I get thrown off for answering back but it has to be noted

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 9th July 2019, 12:39 PM

I'm sure he was talking about individual Scottish politicians, not the entire population. The person to whom he was replying does the same thing repeatedly, so what's good for the goose, etc...

Its just my opinion and if Briosaid called anyone scum she is way out of order as well be in no doubt.

I am surprised at the level of venom in that Aaron.

You appear to have misread my post, and ignored the one to which I was responding.

'Entryism' and Extra Ballot sheets are recorded fact.

A small number of extra ballots have indeed been reported, and seems factual. Obviously a massive cock-up somewhere.

Entryism has been claimed by a section of loons, but there is little to no evidence to support it, and - happy to be corrected if you've seen something I haven't - there's been no admission that it's occurred, as you stated.

Aaron I'm not getting involved in an argument with the pages owner, I'm just surprised I'm still on here and I'll leave it at that. As I get some good things off here and I want it to stay that way.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 9th July 2019, 12:58 PM

Aaron I'm not getting involved in an argument with the pages owner, I'm just surprised I'm still on here and I'll leave it at that. As I get some good things off here and I want it to stay that way.

This isn't a left-wing dictatorship. You're not going to be banned for disagreeing with me.

I'd rather leave it at that if you don;t mind . As that's similar to what they said when I had a fight with the deputy headmasters lad in school . Two weeks later I was kicked out over a shabby blazer.I

Eton is rather strict with that rule though.