Quote: Briosaid @ 18th June 2019, 8:18 PM

As for Jeremy H (?) Unt!

Where's the nearest lamp post?

You're giving your age away there, Brio! Laughing out loud

Quote: Rood Eye @ 19th June 2019, 1:41 PM

You're giving your age away there, Brio! Laughing out loud

The fact I'm 95 is no secret.
:)

Will last night's apparent shenanigans destroy Johnson's chances? The blue rinse brigade are unlikely to be impressed. I've just invested in Hunt @ 7/1.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 22nd June 2019, 4:04 PM

Will last night's apparent shenanigans destroy Johnson's chances? The blue rinse brigade are unlikely to be impressed. I've just invested in Hunt @ 7/1.

You make a good point, Billy.

At 7/1, Hunt is certainly worth a punt - but only a couple of bob: it's not something you should put your house on.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 22nd June 2019, 4:04 PM

It won't make any difference.
Odd thing - but High Tory women will often take the man's side in situations like this.
Plenty of women clapping as that thug frogmarched the female Greenpeace protester out.

Quote: Lazzard @ 22nd June 2019, 4:20 PM

It won't make any difference.
Odd thing - but High Tory women will often take the man's side in situations like this.
Plenty of women clapping as that thug frogmarched the female Greenpeace protester out.

Maybe. But whoever's side they take, they won't want to risk such goings-on in number 10.

If, once Boris is in power, he casts Carrie Symonds into outer darkness, she can always make a living as a Katherine Ryan tribute act.

Billy, get a refund on your gamble ASAP.

Quote: Aaron @ 22nd June 2019, 4:51 PM

Billy, get a refund on your gamble ASAP.

I'm confident. Remember you read it here first!

Don't forget - nobody expected John Major to succeed Margaret Thatcher up against Michael Heseltine & Douglas Hurd; Willie Whitelaw was hot favourite to succeed Edward Heath; Reginald Maudling was favourite to succeed Harold Macmillan and RAB Butler was expected to succeed both Eden & Macmillan; David Cameron had been 2nd to David Davis in the first Ballot but came from behind to win and Theresa May was a surprise winner last time.

I hope you're right Billy, Boris is like a mini me Trump. Can you imagine those two at the G8 or Nato ? Dr. Strangelove ! They're going to wreck comedy, by normalising it.

Quote: Firkin @ 22nd June 2019, 5:54 PM

They're going to wreck comedy, by normalising it.

Yes, I'm picturing millions of people all over the world watching the two of them on TV and asking "If this is normal, what's funny?" Laughing out loud

According to press reports, the 29-year-old man who dialled 999 to report potential blue murder at the Boris household followed up his call to the police with a call to the Guardian newspaper.

I hope he's not on a retainer! :O

Quote: Rood Eye @ 22nd June 2019, 8:27 PM

According to press reports, the 29-year-old man who dialled 999 to report potential blue murder at the Boris household followed up his call to the police with a call to the Guardian newspaper.

I hope he's not on a retainer! :O

He wasn't the only concerned neighbour. Another was about to phone the Police when the 2 cars arrived.
I lived in the wilds of Glasgow and don't ever remember anything like this. Boris is scum. .

Political leaders world wide seem to be a vacuous lot at the moment,including ours in Oz.

Quote: john tregorran @ 22nd June 2019, 9:27 PM

Political leaders world wide seem to be a vacuous lot at the moment,including ours in Oz.

".........at the moment......" ?