BCG Only Connect Page 4

Would whoever asks these questions please subsequently give the answers before I go mad?

Quote: beaky @ 1st May 2019, 8:56 PM

Would whoever asks these questions please subsequently give the answers before I go mad?

They've all been answered or revealed as far as I can see and the latest one (mine) was only posted this morning. :(

Here's a new one (reject) you can all chew over:-

What connects these four words?

Espresso
Immobiliser
Subpoena
Nutshell

Thought it was that they have three consecutive consonants, only subpoena doesn't. Maybe they all have three consecutive consonants unless they have a hidden Gothic writer? Geek

Quote: Chappers @ 1st May 2019, 5:53 PM

It looks like several different versions of this.
What exactly are the 4 answers and what was the reason?

• Richard Briers -- Briers = stem of a rose OR bramble(s)
• Felicity Kendal -- Kendal = Market town in Cumbria OR mint cake
• Penelope Keith -- Keith = Lead singer of the Prodigy Or my mate down the pub
• Paul Eddington -- Eddington = NW Cambridge

Herc is your last one to do with Julian Assange, l'Expresso etc...

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 2nd May 2019, 4:56 AM

Thought it was that they have three consecutive consonants, only subpoena doesn't. Maybe they all have three consecutive consonants unless they have a hidden Gothic writer? Geek

Sorry to say (am I? :D) you are nowhere near. Very cold. ;)

Quote: Firkin @ 2nd May 2019, 6:54 AM

• Richard Briers -- Briers = stem of a rose OR bramble(s)
• Felicity Kendal -- Kendal = Market town in Cumbria OR mint cake
• Penelope Keith -- Keith = Lead singer of the Prodigy Or my mate down the pub Laughing out loud Like it
• Paul Eddington -- Eddington = NW Cambridge

Herc is your last one to do with Julian Assange, l'Expresso etc...

You slipped yours in just as I was putting my in. ooooer missus. And in a word no. Like Paul, very cold.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st May 2019, 7:08 AM

Here's a new one (reject) you can all chew over:-

What connects these four words?

Espresso
Immobiliser
Subpoena
Nutshell

Noticeable that Chappers, who started this thread with great enthusiasm is now also noticeable by his absence. Whistling nnocently

CLUE:-

I know this is going to sound contradictory but try not to look for a connection between them as such - more, look at the words.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd May 2019, 9:33 AM

Noticeable that Chappers, who started this thread with great enthusiasm is now also noticeable by his absence. Whistling nnocently

CLUE:-

I know this is going to sound contradictory but try not to look for a connection between them as such - more, look at the words.

Omg! Oil companies!

Rather than have outrageous claims of 'Got it in one' Surely this game should be played with one clue at a time and the next when asked for so that we can see at what juncture the penny drops. As such
First Clue
'No Relation to Kenny'

More on buzzer/ request

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 2nd May 2019, 11:07 AM

Rather than have outrageous claims of 'Got it in one' Surely this game should be played with one clue at a time and the next when asked for so that we can see at what juncture the penny drops. As such
First Clue
'No Relation to Kenny'

More on buzzer/ request

Is it Rupert the Bear? Or just bears in general?

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 2nd May 2019, 10:16 AM

Omg! Oil companies!

Tick VG, but no gold star as I virtually gave it away - had to as some people were getting tetchy. Whistling nnocently

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 2nd May 2019, 11:07 AM

First Clue
'No Relation to Kenny'

More on buzzer/ request

Agree but we need to run it past the chair/thread starter** Mr C,....................whoever he was. ;)

** "I'm a thread starter, twisted thread starter"

(altogether now.................)

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 2nd May 2019, 10:16 AM

Omg! Oil companies!

Slick Cool

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd May 2019, 11:20 AM

Tick VG, but no gold star as I virtually gave it away - had to as some people were getting tetchy. Whistling nnocently

I was amazed to have even got it after a clue. I've never seen/played the actual game before. Some of these are so 'ard.

Quote: Firkin @ 2nd May 2019, 11:24 AM

Slick Cool

Thrrrrrrump Tisshhhhhhh - I thangyow!

A Greek Duke

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 2nd May 2019, 12:00 PM

A Greek Duke

Characters in Rising Damp?