BCG Only Connect

We haven't had any games recently.

What about our own Only Connect.

Give three clues and someone has to guess the fourth and the reason.

Here's one to start.

1. The Laws of Germany
2. Be nice to Mummy
3. Don't talk to Commies.
4. ?????

This'll be interesting ideas for the next series. Thank you Chappers. :)

Are you just doing Sequences or also Connections of 4?

Do what you like. I'm sure you've got lots of old ones Herc but you have to get one right first.

I would say though that this one I've asked is probably only known by those with a musical bent (!) although you could probably Google it.

I do know the answer as mine is very bent but thought I would let someone else have a go, and yes I do have loads of rejects but again I'm interested in seeing what other people come up with.

Nice idea Chappers. Is this what Jeremy Corbyn's mum tells him every day ? #4 is "Sit on a fence. " ?

Quote: Firkin @ 24th April 2019, 1:47 PM

Nice idea Chappers. Is this what Jeremy Corbyn's mum tells him every day ? #4 is "Sit on a fence. " ?

:)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th April 2019, 11:35 AM

I do know the answer as mine is very bent but thought I would let someone else have a go, and yes I do have loads of rejects but again I'm interested in seeing what other people come up with.

Go on then Herc.

Not sure this is going to have much legs I'm afraid as Kenneth tried this about a year ago and it fizzled out, which was a shame.
Anyway, the fourth one in the sequence is "Eat Kosher Salamis", which is a good one! And don't be surprised if it doesn't appear in Series 16 next year as I will definitely submit it, so thank you Chappers. :D

(Getting a bit late now and I'm seriously tired, so will post tomorrow my entry from past Connections/Sequences that didn't make the cut)

Hmmm, what connects these four?

Alan Ladd as Philip Raven from "This Gun for Hire" (1942)

Burt Lancaster as Swede Anderson from "The Killers" (1946)

Humphrey Bogart as Philip Marlowe from "The Big Sleep" (1946)

James Cagney as Cody Jarrett from "White Heat" (1949)

I believe the above answer is Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid. Hope it is, because here's another...

Who, what, when connects these four?:

Deborah Kerr -The King and I
Audrey Hepburn - My Fair Lady
Natalie Wood - West Side Story
Marilyn Monroe - Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

They were one and the same person.

Chappers one was a Ramones song, Herc got there first though, you big punk you. Here's a recent video of past punk band members doing a Q & A. See if you can guess which one dominates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhVZLL1pMQ0&t=1s

Lady Leg's: Are they all characters trying to impress (or marry) someone above their station ? Or who's behaviour was monitored / changed ? Or they all ruined a perfectly good plots by singing all the time ?

Lydon has always been an utter dick and here is his epitaph or should that be the butter he advertised.

Quote: Firkin @ 25th April 2019, 3:41 PM

Chappers one was a Ramones song, Herc got there first though, you big punk you. Here's a recent video of past punk band members doing a Q & A. See if you can guess which one dominates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhVZLL1pMQ0&t=1s

Lady Leg's: Are they all characters trying to impress (or marry) someone above their station ? Or who's behaviour was monitored / changed ? Or they all ruined a perfectly good plots by singing all the time ?

Haha...nooooo.
Okay a clue...
You're looking for a 'who'...so a person's name and how they connect the four characters from those four films.

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 25th April 2019, 10:19 AM

I believe the above answer is Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid. Hope it is, because here's another...

Who, what, when connects these four?:

Deborah Kerr -The King and I
Audrey Hepburn - My Fair Lady
Natalie Wood - West Side Story
Marilyn Monroe - Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

Did the same woman sing all the songs supposedly sung by these actresses?

Quote: Chappers @ 25th April 2019, 9:55 PM

Did the same woman sing all the songs supposedly sung by these actresses?

The person sang whole songs for all but Monroe. She only sang the top notes Marilyn couldn't hit.
So...are you gonna give me a name then, or what. Like pulling teeth, this is.