BCG Only Connect Page 11

Is it to do with postage prices ? Or multiples of 2.5 ?

Is it Elsie Tanner and people in her life?
Or...the pre-decimal coins that remained for a bit after we went decimal?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th May 2019, 7:12 AM

Here we go Laughing out loud...............................WHAT screen? WHAT phone? I think I know what you are on about and fair enough if that is the case, BUT I am one of those people that DO NOT (thank God) have a i-phone (is it?)

Yeah I know, how the hell do I manage?

Walked into the doctor's surgery last week and nearly everyone was jabbing a finger at some device. I had to smile, as I got out my cryptic crossword.

("Oh, I must check this, I must check that, I wonder if anyone's texted me? I must just check"...........................Pathetic)

And there are signs saying "Please turn off your phone" but either nobody read or they just don't give a toss.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th May 2019, 4:25 PM

OK, but have now got to get din-dins for my wife...........

2½p

5p

Tanner
Bob

Quote: Chappers @ 8th May 2019, 6:32 PM

Tanner
Bob

I was thinking nicknames for old money as well, so we'll have to see what comes up next.
Maybe the last circulated coins to be silver. I dunno. Other people's clues are hard. I don't like them.

Quote: Chappers @ 8th May 2019, 6:32 PM

Tanner
Bob

Correctay mundo. It's only old farts like C and me that would twig that maybe, and OLL - florin 2/- was to be the next one.
:D

10p (florin) then 12½p (Half a Crown)

Pretty easy if you're old enough to remember/use them, and probably why I didn't pitch it.

OK NOW, Chappers, you got it so it's YOUR turn, on YOUR thread.
:D

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th May 2019, 11:37 PM

florin 2/- was to be the next one.

10p (florin) then 12½p (Half a Crown)

What is the connection? The decimal currency values of pre-decimal coins that had nicknames?

That can't be right because "florin" and "half crown" weren't nicknames.

I think we need the connection explained.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 8th May 2019, 11:45 PM

What is the connection? The decimal currency values of pre-decimal coins that had nicknames?

That can't be right because "florin" and "half crown" weren't nicknames.

I think we need the connection explained.

Chappers introduced the concept of nicknames - nuttin' to do with me guv.

All I intended was the post-decimal values of 6d, 1/- 2/- and 2/6

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th May 2019, 12:08 AM

the post-decimal values of 6d, 1/- 2/- and 2/6

The connection being that they are the post-decimal values of the only silver-coloured coins in circulation immediately prior to decimalisation.

Got it!

Quote: Rood Eye @ 9th May 2019, 12:23 AM

The connection being that they are the post-decimal values of the only silver-coloured coins in circulation immediately prior to decimalisation.

Got it!

Yes and Good. :)

CHAPPERS!!! YOUR GO! ON YOUR THREAD!

I thought I said that earlier.

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 8th May 2019, 7:08 PM

I was thinking nicknames for old money as well, so we'll have to see what comes up next.
Maybe the last circulated coins to be silver. I dunno. Other people's clues are hard. I don't like them.

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 9th May 2019, 7:20 AM

I thought I said that earlier.

#

OK..............if you insist. ;)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th May 2019, 9:39 AM

#

OK..............if you insist. ;)

I'm happy for someone else to pose questions. Mine will only annoy everyone again.

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 9th May 2019, 10:24 AM

I'm happy for someone else to pose questions. Mine will only annoy everyone again.

You posted some excellent questions, not annoying at all.

Okay, here's a filthy one to get everyone in the mood...or not...

1. Sometimes, a knob is all I need

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 9th May 2019, 10:24 AM

Mine will only annoy everyone again.

I'll smack your botty if you start talking like that. I 'ave 'undreds of rejects, but I need new ideas, so post away! Although I'm happy to post another one for now if required :)