BCG Only Connect Page 15

Quote: Firkin @ 10th May 2019, 12:14 PM

Well done, yes it is. And the exact answer is ?

1) False leg.
2) The Great Bear will take you there.
3) Not Putin
4) Monty Python's saviour

So is it the Beatles AND their WAGS, or just the WAGs, because I wouldn't have got the WAGs from the last two.

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 10th May 2019, 12:23 PM

So is it the Beatles AND their WAGS, or just the WAGs, because I wouldn't have got the WAGs from the last two.

I don't understand any of them, except maybe the false leg. The others?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 10th May 2019, 12:27 PM

I don't understand any of them, except maybe the false leg. The others?

I think "Monty Python's saviour" points to George Harrison who stepped in to finance "The Life of Brian" when Sir Lew Grade stepped out.

My best guess at "The Great Bear will take you there" is that it points to the North Star(r).

"Not Putin" might suggest another Russian leader - Lenin, which sounds a bit like "Lennon".

Quote: Rood Eye @ 10th May 2019, 12:34 PM

I think "Monty Python's saviour" points to George Harrison who stepped in to finance "The Life of Brian" when Sir Lew Grade stepped out.

My best guess at "The Great Bear will take you there" is that it points to the North Star(r).

"Not Putin" might suggest another Russian leader - Lenin, which sounds a bit like "Lennon".

These were my thoughts, but only if it's Beatles AND WAGs.
Starry Night for the Great Bear one. Think about it.

Rood Eye was spot on, Lady Leg for # 1 and Rood the rest:

1) False leg. = Heather Mills = McCartney
2) The Great Bear will take you there. = Northern Star = Ringo
3) Not Putin = Vladimir Putin = Vladimir Lenin = Lennon
4) Monty Python's saviour = George Harrison.

The connection is The Beatles.

Oh dear. I don't want to upset anyone (Firkin - sorry but), so please view this as I am from an Only Connect perspective.

OC have more Connections pitched on The Beatles than any other subject and believe me they have to be seriously good to get beyond pitch stage. I did finally get one accepted only see them edit it and ruin it, but that's another story.

First off, whenever referring to them it's a given that it is John, Paul, George and Ringo in that order, so this one here fails on that point. The only one that really works, in my eyes is the George one, the rest being very tenuous. Being a Beatles and Python fan, I did get that.

Great Bear/Star/Starr? Not Putin/Lenin/Lennon? Too thin. And Paul's one was.................well, nuff said, but there could have been better links such as with Wings or Eastman/Kodak myth or Mull/Scotland or Broad Street.

I agonised over posting this, having altered it in Word a number of times, but there, it's done now and once again I apologise to Firkin - I hope I haven't upset you, after all your Blue Ryder club of Expressionists I thought was excellent and is already in my folder for 2016. Carry on the good work! :)

Ah...this is why I assumed it was just the WAGs to begin with. After the false leg one, I used the Starry Night painting reference to find Rhone, then matched it to another girlfriend. I see now. Okay.

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 10th May 2019, 5:06 PM

Ah...this is why I assumed it was just the WAGs to begin with. After the false leg one, I used the Starry Night painting reference to find Rhone, then matched it to another girlfriend. I see now. Okay.

? Huh?

I either think too hard or not enough. There's no in between.
Who is next?

Okay, to save time and frustration here are all four clues together: what's the connection?

Edgar Allan Poe
Marilyn Monroe
Orson Welles
John Lennon

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 10th May 2019, 4:45 PM

I don't want to upset anyone (Firkin - sorry but)

No offence taken at all Herc, I bow to your greater expertise in these matters.

Rood - they all lost their mothers during childhood, one way or another. Marilyn was separated from her mum, and the other three died, I think. Also I believe they have all been accused of being narcissists (Marilyn being borderline) although maybe not Poe, but didn't he write about it ?

Quote: Firkin @ 10th May 2019, 7:41 PM

Rood - they all lost their mothers during childhood, one way or another.

That's close enough!

They were, in fact, all orphans under the legal definition that says "A child may be considered an orphan because of the death or disappearance of, abandonment or desertion by, or separation or loss from, both parents."

Well done!

Quote: Firkin @ 10th May 2019, 7:41 PM

No offence taken at all Herc, I bow to your greater expertise in these matters.

:) Aw shucks, but just thought of one you could have used for Ringo and that is "Freddie's brother?" . Now that would have been weird.

OK I'll dive in.

Let's have a "dreaded" Music Connection - those of you who watch OC will know most people's heads drop when they hear the jingle/tinkle indicating these.

I'll do it as the prog. does as team members like to have a shot in the dark or an educated guess.

What do you think would connect this track to three others?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVIxDpvjJr0

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th May 2019, 7:13 AM

OK I'll dive in.

Let's have a "dreaded" Music Connection - those of you who watch OC will know most people's heads drop when they hear the jingle/tinkle indicating these.

I'll do it as the prog. does as team members like to have a shot in the dark or an educated guess.

What do you think would connect this track to three others?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVIxDpvjJr0

Is it The Invention of Lying...or Magic Roundabout?