BCG Only Connect Page 13

Pancakes

Damn it! Do I have to wait for someone else to have a go before I can guess again? :D

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 9th May 2019, 8:42 PM

Pancakes

Damn it! Do I have to wait for someone else to have a go before I can guess again? :D

On the right track. Not yet. Keep going. I'm not getting any younger. Let's finish this.

Bread.

Donuts

Butter

Flour

Sugar

Eggs

I'm trying to combine and a knob of butter, flour, sugar and fertilisation but I'm at a loss.

Breadmaking is a good guess until you get to the fertilisation part - there's no fertilisation involved.

I think fertilisation is the eggs.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 9th May 2019, 9:53 PM

I think fertilisation is the eggs.

I hope not because eggs are not a basic ingredient in breadmaking and, except in very rare circumstances, eggs used for cookery are not fertilised.

The difference between making bread and making cakes etc is that bread requires only a small amount of butter - that's why I thought the "knob" was a clue to breadmaking.

Maybe the oh dear part of clue 4 is because it's an unusable egg.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 9th May 2019, 10:08 PM

Maybe the oh dear part of clue 4 is because it's an unusable egg.

My own take on clue 4 (and I apologise in advance if I'm wrong) is that Old Lady Leg thought the process by which the yeast is activated during breadmaking is a type of fertilisation.

I thought yeast too. You could be on to something.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 9th May 2019, 9:05 PM

Donuts

Butter

Flour

Sugar

Eggs

At last! You have all the basic ingredients right. I was going for basic cake-making, but donuts is a worthy guess.

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 9th May 2019, 10:34 PM

I was going for basic cake-making

So "fertilisation" was just a general clue for eggs - okay. Kudos to Tarby for spotting that.

The "knob" reference was a general clue for butter - okay, but you'd need a hell of a size knob to bake a cake !

Laughing out loud

Quote: Rood Eye @ 9th May 2019, 10:47 PM

So "fertilisation" was just a general clue for eggs - okay.

The "knob" reference was a general clue for butter - okay, but you'd need a hell of a size knob to bake a cake !

Laughing out loud

Yes, I know, but it tied in nicely with the filth. Basic ingredients for a cake.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 9th May 2019, 10:47 PM

Well I'm not having a slice of any cake you make! I always use a spoon to mix the ingredients.

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 9th May 2019, 10:34 PM

At last! You have all the basic ingredients right. I was going for basic cake-making, but donuts is a worthy guess.

Hurrah! thanks for the discretion :)

This one shouldn't take long:

First clue that on it's own isn't very helpful is: Steve Guttenberg.