BCG Only Connect Page 20

Quote: A Horseradish @ 15th May 2019, 12:34 AM

Connemara the - II
Scooby Doo the - IV
The Bog Eyed - X
Noggin the - XiV

No, I still don't feel that I have got this quite right. Geek

You couldn't have been righter - it's still Stephen's go and he is about to post the fourth in his series of Connections.

these youngsters get so excited, don't they!

Clue 3

Oh, for f**k's sake!

I've got it!

In each pair of pictures, the subject of one picture is the subject of the other picture spelt backwards!

1. Stressed and desserts.

2. Warts and straw.

3. Rats and star.

Yes they are all semordnilap's. It really is a word

Well done.
2 points (waits for Herc to be pedantic) ;)

Jawohl! Herr Splitzer herren..............................

Well done indeed to Rood and you Stephen! That one is going in my folder for next year!! Semordnilap - Palindromes backwards of course - never heard of it before.

So what was your last pairing? Rolling eyes

And yes, I can confirm, after referring to the 304 page Only Connect elur koob, it is indeed two points to Door.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th May 2019, 10:06 AM

Well done indeed to Rood and you Stephen! That one is going in my folder for next year!! Semordnilap - Palindromes backwards of course - never heard of it before.

And yes, I can confirm, after referring to the 304 page Only Connect elur koob, it is indeed two points to Door.

?

What's the connection between the following:

1. Rosemary's Baby.

Frank Sinatra

Quote: Rood Eye @ 16th May 2019, 12:44 AM

What's the connection between the following:

1. Rosemary's Baby.

Ruth Gordon? Is Harold and Maude one of the questions? My favourite film ever. It helps that the music of Cat Stevens features throughout.

Alas, no correct answers yet.

1. Rosemary's Baby.

2. The Blair Witch Project.

Words that can be separated by '&'?
R&B, B&W.

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 16th May 2019, 10:04 AM

Words that can be separated by '&'?
R&B, B&W.

No, that's not it.

You mean "Rosemary" and "Baby" have the initial letters R and B and that "R&B" is a common abbreviation for a well-known expression in English - the same connection existing between "Blair" and "Witch"?

Christ! There's a job for you at Bletchley Park! :O

American horror films. Is it because they had a low budget and high yield ? Or they were significant or ground breaking in other cinematic ways, such as a wobbly camera ?

Quote: Firkin @ 16th May 2019, 11:18 AM

American horror films. Is it because they had a low budget and high yield ? Or they were significant or ground breaking in other cinematic ways, such as a wobbly camera ?

No, I'm afraid not.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 15th May 2019, 8:21 AM

Yes they are all semordnilap's. It really is a word

Well done.
2 points (waits for Herc to be pedantic) ;)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th May 2019, 10:06 AM

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th May 2019, 11:15 PM

?

:(