BCG Only Connect Page 24

And soon the esoteric swirling mystery that is Horse's brain will be revealed to one and all, and lo, they didst becometh confused as a trepidation swept the world.

"The Master has risen!" they cried........................"The Master has risen!"

Are they all vintage years for horseradish sauce ? French dressings that go well with "Les Ros Beefs". Brand names, where as the Cantona has a bit of a kick to it ? Like Herc said, Cantona can only be football, surely ? Unless they're all failed actors or poets as well ?

Quote: A Horseradish @ 19th May 2019, 10:07 PM

1. Henry, 2002
2. Hazard, 2018
3. Cantona, 1992

These are three of only four footballers ever to both score and assist at least 15 goals in the premiership in a single season.

The fourth is Matt Le Tissier, 1994.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 20th May 2019, 12:51 PM

These are three of only four footballers ever to both score and assist at least 15 goals in the premiership in a single season.

I think you Googled it.

Yes.

These are three of only four footballers ever to both score and assist at least 15 goals in the premiership/Premier League in a single season. The fourth is Matt Le Tissier, 1994.(with the year denoting the start of the relevant season in each case).

Quote: Rood Eye @ 20th May 2019, 12:51 PM

:O What a memory this man has!! Whistling nnocently

I have another picture clue if you're interested.
Harder to google.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 20th May 2019, 4:29 PM

I have another picture clue if you're interested.
Harder to google.

Absolutely - Go for it!! :D

Quote: A Horseradish @ 20th May 2019, 2:50 PM

Yes.

These are three of only four footballers ever to both score and assist at least 15

Horse, I said "they'd probably broken records, most goals". On TV a very attractive, very witty, vertically challenged mistress of poker would say "Warm, but keep trying". Half a point ? Its quiet a good question, because the first two clues could be many things, clue 3 makes it about football.

Stephen, I do like your picture quizzes, you can't misspell a picture.

Scene: the cafeteria at Bletchley Park. Interior. Day.
A group of boffins are sitting around enjoying tea and biscuits.

ALAN TURING ENTERS

TURING: I say, you fellows! I think I've just cracked the Enigma code!

CLOSE-UP OF ALAN'S FACE, SUDDENLY ALARMED

ALAN QUICKLY BACKS OUT OF THE DOOR, PULLING IT CLOSED BEHIND HIM

A VOLLEY OF TEACUPS HITS THE DOOR, SHATTERING

BOFFINS (IN UNISON): you googled it, you bastard!

END.

Quote: Firkin @ 20th May 2019, 4:52 PM

Horse, I said "they'd probably broken records, most goals". On TV a very attractive, very witty, vertically challenged mistress of poker would say "Warm, but keep trying". Half a point ? Its quiet a good question, because the first two clues could be many things, clue 3 makes it about football.

Stephen, I do like your picture quizzes, you can't misspell a picture.

Yes - I have spotted it now and you set the ball rolling. Well done Firkin and thank you. In the first two clues I opted for things that could be interpreted in different ways but for the third it was a choice between Cantona and Le Tissier, both of which could only have been football. Having said as much, I thought that the programme tries to make the third clue more obvious and it was still quite a leap to get to what combined them all. It is worth pointing out that it all does not apply to the old first division which was replaced by the premiership, latterly the Premier League, in the early 1990s.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th May 2019, 12:07 PM

And soon the esoteric swirling mystery that is Horse's brain will be revealed to one and all, and lo, they didst becometh confused as a trepidation swept the world.

"The Master has risen!" they cried........................"The Master has risen!"

Have you finished counting the pebbles on your local beach yet? How many are there? You have never told me quite where you are. In the past two years I have been to Ipswich, Lowestoft, Southwold, Aldborough, East Bergholt, Brantham, Dedham and more besides but still you have proven elusive. I still feel that you owe me a week's free bed and breakfast for the way I've been a lovely light in your life, even now when you are having such problems with your android software.

Ok

Clue 1

and
Clue 2

The first one is something about Kraftwerk and possibly The Man Machine or Showroom Dummies?

The second one looks a bit like the Duke of Kent?

Cricket teams or the Third Reich - now there's two extremes

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th May 2019, 11:51 PM

Both turn up in uniform and want to play to the end?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th May 2019, 11:51 PM

Zey are both into vicket activities?