Absent friends Page 159

Regarding trolls in general. I find the thing that works best is to ignore them. Any response is their oxygen.

One of my best friends is now permanently absent. I just buried my cat in my back yard. He made it to 19 and that's a good run, but I'm going to miss him terribly. Rest in peace, little buddy. Teary

Console what a bummer old chap.

Quote: DaButt @ 3rd November 2016, 9:36 PM

One of my best friends is now permanently absent. I just buried my cat in my back yard. He made it to 19 and that's a good run, but I'm going to miss him terribly. Rest in peace, little buddy. Teary

How sad
As you say he had a good run

RIP

:(
RIP, DaButt's cat.
What was his name? I remember you talking about him.

Quote: zooo @ 3rd November 2016, 10:18 PM

:(
RIP, DaButt's cat.
What was his name?

His name was Butch. I named him after one of my favorite albums: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4f-z8lb4h8&list=PL1mT8OHsg8jZaPp-vb1LHgaO1eUwl0yJY

I was outside talking to the band after a show in L.A. and they told me that I should rescue a cat when I got home. So I did. Lovey

The first song on the album is about a cat. :)

Aww! Butch is a great name for a cat.

Lol. What a lovely weird rubber cat... thing in that video.

Quote: zooo @ 3rd November 2016, 10:59 PM

What a lovely weird rubber cat... thing in that video.

I may be misremembering, but I think it might be from some sort of UK TV show? One day I was at the singer's house and spotted the puppet on her mantel and had to try it on. In my closet I have one of the guitars that were smashed while they filmed the video. It took several takes because it was all filmed in a single shot.

From a 1997 article:

Erratic maybe, but Bozulich is a hard-driven artist. And a meticulous one. Take the Fibbers video she directed in 1997 for "California Tuffy." She scripted every shot in detail, with all the standard MTV formulas present but significantly altered: A hand puppet does the lip-synching; Cline windmills a guitar that's clearly broken; there's a ton of frantic action, but it's not so much flash-cut as real-cut -- she says the band wound up with actual lacerations and contusions. Bozulich even made a surreal parallel video (originally planned to be intercut) out of found footage, and it's just as much fun. Too much fun for television, as "California Tuffy" got played once and dropped, because it featured a great big real unsanctioned fire on the soundstage.

I feel like there might have been one the same or similar on Harry Hill?

Quote: zooo @ 3rd November 2016, 11:13 PM

I feel like there might have been one the same or similar on Harry Hill?

You are correct, ma'am. It appears to be a cat named Stouffer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0v6irhiHAE

Sorry to hear about your cat Da Butt. They're very much part of everyday life aren't they?

Stouffer is fab! One of my brother's favourite ever sketches is when Mr Harry and Stouffer perform the Yousser N'Dour and Neneh Cherry duet 'Seven Seconds'.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 3rd November 2016, 4:54 PM

Regarding trolls in general. I find the thing that works best is to ignore them. Any response is their oxygen.

Wise words Frankie :)

I love the t'internet, but sometimes the rules overtake me.

Quote: DaButt @ 3rd November 2016, 9:36 PM

So sorry DaButt - as you know my little Jack Russell Daisy died in June and she is buried in our back garden in a small grave I made for her and I still miss her badly.
Very good age for a cat but it does somehow make it harder as they seem to have been in your life forever - our white cat Alphonse died aged 19 in the late 80s and I still think of him.

It will get easier as I have found since June. RIP Butch

Quote: Ronald S @ 3rd November 2016, 12:19 PM

A real example that has happened in only the last few weeks on another forum I am a member of...

On this same site there was a lot of ganging up on one poster. (The last post count was about 500) all with abuse at him
He left the site but his antagonists sought him out on other sites.
They warned other posters that this man was a pedophile known for grooming and posted screen shots of their comments and replies on the first site. They thought it was a good laugh until 18 of them received a solicitors letter claiming defamation of character and loss of business.
They even posted pictures of their letters and replies to the solicitors...

Interesting thing: I've joined an OFAH appreciation group on Facebook a few days ago.
Today, one of its members seems to have hacked the account of another member (a bit of an outsider as it seems, a foreign guy whose English is worse than mine) and posts rubbish in his name. He then used his own account to call the outsider a "child molester". Creepy stuff.

Btw, good to see you posting again, Herc!

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 4th November 2016, 2:50 PM

Btw, good to see you posting again, Herc!

Thank you GB, but I am a little fragile, Teary so please be gentle with me. Lovey

I won't grab ya by the pussy!