Absent friends Page 158

In all of Hercs many, many, many, MANY years, you'd have thought he would've grown a thicker skin!

All Kenneth did was put up a "Punch" Cartoon IE a cartoon with someone punching
A running joke from earlier in the thread
After Herc had left a provocative insulting post, followed by another long diatribe aimed at Kenneth

I always say if you don't go looking for it then it won't find you
And Herc can be very trucculent, and quick to insult, so I'd hardly lay all the blame at Kenneths door

And with the BCG being so quiet it's nice for the rest of us to get the popcorn out from time to time

Lets stick together.

https://youtu.be/-NSQI51dppg

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 30th October 2016, 11:46 PM

Since no-one would normally get so upset over something so breath-takingly trivial, I imagine there must be some more serious issues of which we're unaware.

Quote: Nogget @ 31st October 2016, 10:47 AM

Since no-one would normally get so upset over something so breath-takingly trivial, I imagine there must be some more serious issues of which we're unaware.

I'm just saying that in this instance
Herc put up an insulting post aimed at Kenneth on his brief return
And I think that's the only reason Kenneth popped back to post a jokey pic

At which point Herc threw all his toys out of the pram and reflounced

If Herc had just come back & played nice then things would probably have been different

I agree entirely Steve.

Quote: wigwam willy @ 31st October 2016, 2:53 AM

Lets stick together.

https://youtu.be/-NSQI51dppg

Hadn't heard that before and I like it!
:)

Quote: Lee @ 30th October 2016, 10:16 PM

In all of Hercs many, many, many, MANY years, you'd have thought he would've grown a thicker skin!

I do have a thick skin Lee as my spats with you and others and especially Chappers will bear out. Chappers and I have never seen eye to eye but via PMs and other posts we have agreed to hate each other on a nice level.

He thinks I am an old fart (which I am) and I think he is a waste of space, but that doesn't mean to say we cannot be friends. We respect each other's twattery.

But this c**t from down under has gone too far and is a troll who needs to be eradicated.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 30th October 2016, 11:46 PM

A running joke from earlier in the thread
After Herc had left a provocative insulting post, followed by another long diatribe aimed at Kenneth

I always say if you don't go looking for it then it won't find you
And Herc can be very trucculent, and quick to insult, so I'd hardly lay all the blame at Kenneths door

And with the BCG being so quiet it's nice for the rest of us to get the popcorn out from time to time

Laughing out loud Glad you are enjoying "the film" Steve, but spoiler alert!! Let me explain the plot.

OK, punch cartoon once moderately funny but when it gets repeated ad nauseam just to be annoying it becomes very, very tiresome and could hardly be called a running joke. Funny it is not.

Yes I can be truculent (NB single 'c' when appearing between two 'u's) and did make an insulting post to that twat down under, but it was no more than he deserved.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 31st October 2016, 12:14 PM

Hadn't heard that before and I like it!
:)

I do have a thick skin Lee as my spats with you and others and especially Chappers will bear out. Chappers and I have never seen eye to eye but via PMs and other posts we have agreed to hate each other on a nice level.

He thinks I am an old fart (which I am) and I think he is a waste of space, but that doesn't mean to say we cannot be friends. We respect each other's twattery.

Pleased to see your back. Probably a lot better than your front!

I haven't really wandered onto this site much recently, but not a day goes by without me thinking about it. I'm in the Herc camp as far as 'Kenneth's' concerned.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 3rd November 2016, 8:59 AM

I haven't really wandered onto this site much recently, but not a day goes by without me thinking about it. I'm in the Herc camp as far as 'Kenneth's' concerned.

Thank you TBN and good to speak to you again and yes; but there are certain people (as you will know of course) who think he does nothing wrong,

I'm in the Herc camp as far as 'Kenneth's' concerned.

Me too. Some wickedly divine ad-hominem barbs of late.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 30th October 2016, 10:59 AM

this c**t from down under has gone too far and is a troll who needs to be eradicated.

that twat down under

let's hope someone has nutted him and put him out of action. Presumably he is an arsehole to all and sundry in his neighbourhood and work place.

Death to trolls!

Dear boy, I don't think I could ever hope to compete against such sparkling repartee. Good show.

If you all want to gang up on someone that's fine
Although I'm sure you could all easily continue this discussion through more private messages
Every time I look on the BCG it's the same people bringing up old forgotten arguments time & time again.

No wonder new members are reluctant to post these days

What Steve said.

That is true! Forum etiquette is a bygone thing these days and not just here.
People seem to be taking everything too seriously and personally.

Don't forget, everything you write is visible to the public (and google) and a false forum name will not protect you
if you say something prosecutable. <- probably not a word :)

A real example that has happened in only the last few weeks on another forum I am a member of.

A man posted a video of the aftermath of a small electrical fire at a company he worked at.
He made a joke about using bolts instead of fuses.
Someone else recognised the company from the video and reported it to the company directors.
He was sacked and as yet might also be facing legal charges.

On this same site there was a lot of ganging up on one poster. (The last post count was about 500) all with abuse at him
He left the site but his antagonists sought him out on other sites.
They warned other posters that this man was a pedophile known for grooming and posted screen shots of their comments and replies on the first site. They thought it was a good laugh until 18 of them received a solicitors letter claiming defamation of character and loss of business.
They even posted pictures of their letters and replies to the solicitors.
Apparently, defamation cant be dealt with at magistrates or normal courts, it is going to a high court.
It's ongoing at the moment.

Quote: Kenneth @ 3rd November 2016, 10:11 AM

Dear boy, I don't think I could ever hope to compete against such sparkling repartee. Good show.

Shit I wish I was that smart. "Say what you see" is what Roy used to say and no amount of highfalutin' language is going to make it any more shrewd or barbed. You want to be careful you don't trip over your own cleverness.

Oh, and it is very noticeable that you haven't made ANY comment on the charges of being a troll and on the treatment you meted out to Sarc - NONE of which came from my stable by the way before you try and be too clever again.

And don't think you're ruining the run of cartoons from the Punch magazine matters one jot - I couldn't give a flying f**k. The only person(s) you are upsetting are people like beaky and a half a dozen or so who were enjoying the cartoons so far posted 'til you stuck your pennyworth in. You haven't even got the decency to post more of your Punch trivia that I believe beaky was enjoying, but then I expect you didn't notice as you seemed to spend most of your concentration on taking pot-shots at me.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 3rd November 2016, 10:14 AM

If you all want to gang up on someone that's fine
We are simply pointing out that we have a troll in our midst, or is that not permissible? There's no ganging up about it - purely people pointing out the similar treatment they have received or have witnessed now the subject/person had been raised.

Although I'm sure you could all easily continue this discussion through more private messages
And how would I have found out that TBN was not keen on you know who? Telepathy? Crystal Ball? She posted her views out of the blue and I responded, which is hardly:-------------
Every time I look on the BCG it's the same people bringing up old forgotten arguments time & time again.

No wonder new members are reluctant to post these days

Having a dig at someone for their health issues doesn't come into the equation then with that person then being so upset they have not posted since July?
And how come you do not think it is very tiresome to see the same type of cartoon of someone punching someone else over and over and over again being posted by a petulant child.