Absent friends Page 157

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 27th October 2016, 6:12 PM

That would be Anorak and Agnes Guano no doubt?

Sootyj and a few people whose screen names I can't remember. And good ol' OldRocker. RIP.

Quote: Nogget @ 25th October 2016, 6:45 PM

Not sure I've met anyone who thought they owned a thread before.

Best point made on my thread so far

Quote: DaButt @ 27th October 2016, 6:52 PM

Sootyj and a few people whose screen names I can't remember. And good ol' OldRocker. RIP.

I was there too.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 28th October 2016, 11:37 AM

Best point made on my thread so far

:D

Quote: billwill @ 28th October 2016, 2:45 PM

I was there too.

How could I forget billwill?!

Quote: billwill @ 25th October 2016, 5:36 PM

I fear that the Herc persona has been mortally wounded, first by the format change of the forum, with which he was not sympathetic and secondly by having his favourite Punch Cartoons thread hijacked.

Possibly the Herc persona is now having fun driving his Fergie across the Elysian Fields.

Huh?Wave

Love it Bill!!! Laughing out loudLaughing out loud

Radish hasn't posted for a month now.

Hello Herc! Wave

Quote: Nogget @ 25th October 2016, 6:45 PM

Not sure I've met anyone who thought they owned a thread before.

Whoa! A sort of Chinese Whispers going on here, so let me briefly explain please. When I started that thread it was merely intended to be a short burst of my favourite cartoons from the five and a half thousand odd that were in the 1920s/30s 20 volumes of Punch books that my father bought many years ago and which I had enjoyed glancing through since it was a kid, and the hope was that other people should post their favourites too from Punch no matter what date.......................there was one............from none other than that bundle of joy Mr Sunshine himself.

When I got to the end of my favourites the thread had gained a fan base and I was encouraged to post more, so I went back to Volume One and started all over again with a broader spread, ignoring the ones that were clearly too dated and many people were enjoying this until the BCG Troll** started to play silly buggers and then became insulting which I wasn't going to stand for so I f**ked off. This sort of coincided with the site "improvements" that Mark and Aaron embarked upon and which I didn't like at all and then the Only Connect question editor emailed me to pitch any new questions for the next series (13 - it is 12 that is running now) and so I decided to take my leave of BCG.

** In case you do not know it is that Arstralian Kenneth who oddly enough has also not posted on the forum for nearly a month now - so let's hope someone has nutted him and put him out of action. Presumably he is an arsehole to all and sundry in his neighbourhood and work place.

He has certainly upset quite a few people on this site, none more so than Sarc who last July I think it was couldn't take any more of Kenneth having a go at him over his health issues.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 29th October 2016, 3:10 PM

Radish hasn't posted for a month now.

Hello Herc! Wave

Hi George, thank you for your welcome back. :)

Quote: beaky @ 27th October 2016, 6:18 PM

If Hercules is reading this, please grace us with your presence again, and return to posting the Punch cartoons

Thank you beaky, you have lit the touch paper to the fuse made by all the others on this thread and the people who PM'd and emailed me to come back (and ignore that Arstralian twank), so here I am and will continue with the Punch Cartoons thread as long as that twat from down-under or any other wanker doesn't stick their oar in with unwarranted crap.

He's backkkk!!!

Good to see you back Herc,, so we can again moan about old age and illnesses.

Thank you zooo and keewik, BUT that Arstralian troll Kenneth it seems had been waiting all that time to "ambush" me when I posted on the Punch Cartoon thread (how pathetic is that!!) and has reverted to his childish ways, so this is going to be a brief return as I am not putting up with twats like that - may see you again one day.

Death to trolls!

I noticed that Herc. All I can say is, he must lead a very barren life if that's all he can do to fill his time.

Just pretend he doesn't exist, Herc.

I can see why some forums have the ignore feature!

Sticks and stones can break my bones
But names or someone else posting on my threads can never hurt me.

Seconded, Will.