Absent friends Page 162

You hankering for the big stick again Herc..? ;)

As Roy used to utter "Say what you see". It's no good us all having a touch of the Emperor's New Clothes. ;)

I think it may be to do with the lack of signature. Sootyj would want to advertise his service.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 8th January 2017, 12:18 PM

I think it may be to do with the lack of signature. Sootyj would want to advertise his service.

He still does that in phone boxes.

(Thinks -are there still any phone boxes?)

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 8th January 2017, 12:18 PM

I understand why you say that, but I don't think that is all there is to it - he did enjoy his "stage" and you don't chuck long service and nearly 50K posts just like that.

But apart from him there are quite a few long time posters who no longer do OR certainly not posting so frequent and I have to say that if it wasn't for the Punch cartoons I doubt if I would still be on here; but my public wants me. :D Whistling nnocently Angelic

To be fair, it's not like this place was insanely busy and everyone disappeared overnight when the format changed.

Quote: zooo @ 8th January 2017, 7:19 PM

To be fair, it's not like this place was insanely busy and everyone disappeared overnight when the format changed.

I think it just maybe did. The board has become very impersonal. I think it was Shandonbelle who drew attention to the fact that you no longer knew who was present so you're speaking to a vaccuum.

Since I'm never going on Facebook I'm glad there's still a few messageboards around.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th January 2017, 6:38 PM

I understand why you say that, but I don't think that is all there is to it - he did enjoy his "stage" and you don't chuck long service and nearly 50K posts just like that.

But apart from him there are quite a few long time posters who no longer do OR certainly not posting so frequent and I have to say that if it wasn't for the Punch cartoons I doubt if I would still be on here; but my public wants me. :D Whistling nnocently Angelic

It may be because he's working hard and doesn't have the time for this. Good luck to him if that's the case.

Quote: Chappers @ 8th January 2017, 9:15 PM

It may be because he's working hard and doesn't have the time for this. Good luck to him if that's the case.

He has a lot of time for Facebook.

It's up to those who are still here to make the best of it. I am now totally used to the new look (having hated it). Some people might come back. Some will have gone for good, which is a shame.

Come back Sooty. I miss the (very occasional) Booyha! i used to get.

And whilst i do miss the signature feature i agree with Will - the BCG forum is a bit like your libido - use it or lose it!

I felt the winds of change when Steve Sunshine started closing the BCG bar at 8pm instead of 8.30pm on Friday nights.

Well, he need's to be in bed by 9.00 (so his nurse says..)

Quote: playfull @ 9th January 2017, 1:12 AM

Come back Sooty. I miss the (very occasional) Booyha! i used to get.

But not the "does that chat-up line ever work" that I had to slap his wrist over his excessive use of. >_<