Sitcoms that urgently need a DVD release Page 9

Fair enough- but series such as Oh Doctor Beeching have had multiple releases and I doubt they set the world on fire sales wise.

Maybe its due to the amount of promotion that went into the release- Sykes promoted it on Johnathon Ross and the Steve Wright radio show- in relation to sales.

Still in my opinion its a classic- someone release more please!

Has it? As far as I'm aware, it's only had the one (and the obligatory complete box set)?

Sykes is great stuff though, no doubt about it.

Multiple in that the first series was released and then the second fairly soon after- presumably regardless of sales??

Ohhh right. I see. Yeah, well I suspect that there's less to be risked in releasing a two-series show than embarking on a seven-series one, particulaarly so with the length of some of those series'. And don't forget that they did all of that cleaning and restoring on the release too, so would quite possibly had to do so for the rest.

Anybody know if Time Trumpet will be released on DVD? And talking of Iannucci, what about the christmas specials of The Thick of It.

Quote: chipolata @ February 27, 2008, 11:01 AM

Anybody know if Time Trumpet will be released on DVD? And talking of Iannucci, what about the christmas specials of The Thick of It.

It's on Google videos (whole eps) and You Tube (split into threes). Just watched it (for the first time) and really enjoyed it.

Dan

Not a sit com, but why do the BBC not put the Mary Whitehouse experience out on DVD? I loved that show.

I would love to see 'The Savages' on DVD

Hi everyone. I have just joined this website and forum and am hoping that someone might have encouraging news for me of that wonderful series of the early 1980s, IN LOVING MEMORY starring the great character actress, Thora Hird. She was ably supported by Christopher Beeney and Colin Farrell with occasional guest appearances from Carmel McSharry, amongst others. It was set in an old fashioned family undertaker and was a tour de force for our Thora.

I don't think it has ever been released on vhs or dvd and is long overdue for an airing on one of the satellite channels PLEASE!!

:) :)

Quote: Aaron @ February 4, 2008, 10:42 PM

Desmond's is only just seeing the light of day.

I only found this post because I searched 'Desmonds' after I watched an episode on Virgin On-Demand of this Desmond's programme. There were 6 of us watching it. And we all agreed that it was the WORST thing we'd ever watched on television. Oh dear god, it's abysmal.

Aww! I used to enjoy that.

Haven't seen it since though.

Charisma, I've not seen it in a while so from what I remember... No, it's not brilliant. But for what it was, I thought it was ok. Certainly pushed boundaries (not that that's inherently a good thing or a recipe for success, nor does it justify any shite-ness), buuuut yeah. Basically, I can see both sides of the argument. Not great, but just something about it which I found quite endearing. (Can't say I've ever seen the spin-off Porkpie though.)

Oh, and series two is due out on April 14th, if anyone's interested!

Quote: Aaron @ February 4 2008, 10:42 PM GMT

The Crouches I think is a bit of a big ask. Desmond's is only just seeing the light of day.

Well, good news, it is getting released - [p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/6371851/-/Product.html]

Blimey!

See Amazon product listing

Last thing I would have expected. And from the, uh, 'reliable', people at Pegasus.

Lets hope they don't mess it up like they did with there Love Thy Neighbour releases.