Things that piss you off Page 1,601

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 16th June 2015, 10:03 AM BST

... I can't stop the mental image of a burly man melding into fish net stockings and a short skirt.

Talking of which...
I fully understand the rights of Trans etc etc to be recognised (though I've never had any trouble recognising them) and getting equal rights and so on.
But I think it's a bit much to ask a whole generation of people to suddenly NOT to find the image of a bloke in a dress funny and faintly ridiculous.

You bigot.

Men in frocks are no longer funny.

Now go and laugh at an able bodied, None CIS gendered white man working in a patriachal role in an office.

Even if you (plural you, not Lazzard in particular) do find the idea funny, I don't think it's too much to ask to recognise that that's your problem, not theirs, and to keep that to yourself and not openly laugh at someone in the street or indeed mock them behind their back.

Quote: zooo @ 16th June 2015, 11:01 AM BST

Even if you (plural you) do find the idea funny, I don't think it's too much to ask to recognise that that's your problem, not theirs, and to keep that to yourself and not openly laugh at someone in the street or indeed mock them behind their back.

So who or what can you laugh at?

You can laugh at anyone you want, if you want to be a c**t and hurt people's feelings. :)

Seriously Zooo, so I'm assuming you're going to stop watching any Carry On Movies, 1950s-60s farces or any sitcom from whenever because they all seem to have a lumpen middle aged guy in a frock at some point.

More importantly what do you think comedy is actually for?

Also in an age where a 5 year old boy who fancies wearing a tutu because he wants to be a pretty princess. Is at risk of being viewed as transgendered and spending the next 15 years on hormone replacement therapy and multiple surgery to change his gender. Before realising he/she made an awful mistake and killing themselves.

Then you know what, send in the clowns. Because sometimes piss taking is how you actually break open a serious discussion.

You seem to be conflating the right of any good comedian to make intelligent jokes about anything (which I support) with the right of all of us to walk down the street and point and laugh at and humiliate people for being different. Which is what I am talking about.
Not the same.

I'm not sure anyone wants to go around pointing at laughing at people in the street.

Of course that's not right.

But to be honest Lazzard's remark was [image], not [a person].

I think like a poorly performed gender reassignment operation we crossed our wires.

Quite probably!

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 16th June 2015, 10:05 AM BST

ah, that brings back memories:

What a strange way of holding a gun...!

Was that the show where Captain Kirk became a police officer who moonlighted as a rugby playing prostitute?

All I can remember about it is:
There's no point running across a roof unless you do a forward roll
TJ Hooker never gets into any vehicle unless it's already moving
TJ Hooker loves running at full speed through small woodland areas
TJ Hooker loves to run while carrying an invisible cup of tea before jumping onto a moving bus
TJ Hooker's slightly effeminate partner can't be bother to climb all the way over the fence
Rolling over the front of your car is fun
Police officers under 30 have lovely hair
Police officers over 40 look like they're wearing wigs
Jumping over a small wall in a field then getting your gun out is good training
If your surname is Herd, don't give your son a first name that can be shortened to Dick

See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7S6JW5EfD8

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 16th June 2015, 12:50 PM BST

See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7S6JW5EfD8

Thanks, I've completely forgotten about the great theme tune...and Heather!

So did William Shatner ever guest star in Frasier, being as he served with Frasier's dad?

I don't know if Lazzard meant Kelly or not but I'm in agreement.

Maybe our/my generation need time to adjust to a bloke suddenly wearing a dress and saying call me Kelly.
Especially in his case as he was a boxing promoter. And!!! when he was in the BB house asking for sympathy and understanding I was quite prepared to try understand and was slightly impressed he had the bottle to do it publicly.
But at the first sign of trouble his voice deepened and he threatened to knock someones block off. That's a geezer in a dress - and is funny.

Ha, I saw that. I don't like the cut of her jib. I think she's probably a bit of an aggressive tit no matter what her gender.

I thought her jib was cut off?