Things that piss you off Page 1,597

is it true most pure white cats are deaf?

That's a bloody big duckling, Will Cam!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st June 2015, 1:33 PM BST

Not quite as Alphonse was pure white. This is about 1967

Awww. I had a pure white cat once. I don't think she was deaf, but I was only little so maybe I can't remember.

Alphonse certainly wasn't deaf, and he lived to 19! I sat with him in the garden in a sunny spot until he died naturally of old age. Teary Lovely cat.

You sa with him for 19 years?

Quote: zooo @ 31st May 2015, 11:24 PM BST

That'll be relaxing!

I do fancy going to all those Finland, Denmark, Sweden type places though.

Yes but I've got to stay in a hotel in Stockholm overnight which means it's not as cheap as I thought it would be!

Quote: sootyj @ 1st June 2015, 2:30 PM BST

You sa with him for 19 years?

:D

The cost of drugs - and I'm NOT Talking about illegal substances.

It's totally immoral that "shareholder" benefit at the cost of people's lives.

Yup, why the hell does this new wonder drug for cancer cost £100,000 per year for a one person treatment.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st June 2015, 9:02 PM BST

Yup, why the hell does this new wonder drug for cancer cost £100,000 per year for a one person treatment.

The cost of bringing a successful new drug to market is 5 BILLION dollars.

To be fair any drug costs an absolute fortune to develop. If you had the perfect cure for any illness today you would not be able to sell a single pill for years.

Quote: DaButt @ 1st June 2015, 9:11 PM BST

Says who? The pharmaceutical companies selling the stuff?

Quote: DaButt @ 1st June 2015, 9:11 PM BST

Lot of monetary self interest methinks. Tinkering with a few test tubes? :P

The cost of testing and trials is incredible and very time consuming. And the patent clock is ticking the whole time, so the companies don't have much time to recoup their investment before other companies can sell cheap generic versions.

I still think it's all smoke and mirrors. They can dictate whatever price they want.

I don't trust anyone when there's a load of money involved.

I don't think it's unreasonable for a company to recoup the billions of dollars that they spend to bring a new drug to market. They make healthy profits, but only after taking billion-dollar risks.