Things that piss you off Page 1,603

Quote: Lazzard @ 17th June 2015, 4:14 PM BST

Only to Scotland, and no-one wants to go there.....

Booo! This is paradise.

Quote: keewik @ 17th June 2015, 7:32 PM BST

Booo! This is paradise.

When I was in the (U.S.) Army 30 years ago we had a bunch of Navy men and women in our class and they were competing against each other for grades because their assignments were based upon their rank in class. Everybody wanted to be stationed in Hawaii and the bottom of the barrel was Thurso, Scotland. It ranked just below Guantanamo Bay. True story. ;)

Was one of them Thomas magnum?

Quote: DaButt @ 17th June 2015, 7:51 PM BST

When I was in the (U.S.) Army 30 years ago we had a bunch of Navy men and women in our class and they were competing against each other for grades because their assignments were based upon their rank in class. Everybody wanted to be stationed in Hawaii and the bottom of the barrel was Thurso, Scotland. It ranked just below Guantanamo Bay. True story. ;)

Laughing out loud

Quote: DaButt @ 17th June 2015, 7:51 PM BST

Well, I tell you they hadn't a clue! Thurso would certainly be colder but they'd have had access to the rest of Scotland which is definitely paradise (maybe not in January).

I'm sure it was all about the weather. Their other choices (Hawaii, Spain, Italy, Diego Garcia) offered warm weather and beaches; it looks like Thurso rarely climbs above 50F.

Quote: Lazzard @ 17th June 2015, 4:14 PM BST

Only to Scotland, and no-one wants to go there.....

Quote: keewik @ 17th June 2015, 7:32 PM BST

Booo! This is paradise.

Yes - but there's one thing wrong with Scotland - and it's not the Loch Ness Monster.

Quote: Chappers @ 18th June 2015, 1:07 PM BST

Yes - but there's one thing wrong with Scotland - and it's not the Loch Ness Monster.

The road to England?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 18th June 2015, 1:58 PM BST

The road to England?

That wasn't what I had in mind - with apologies to Keewik who I'm sure is an exception.

Quote: Chappers @ 18th June 2015, 4:30 PM BST

That wasn't what I had in mind - with apologies to Keewik who I'm sure is an exceptionally rabid, parochial Highland devil who would eat the still-beating heart of any English man she happened across whilst tending the porridge fields.

That's a bit harsh Chappers....

Anyway, it's porridge lakes.

Quote: DaButt @ 17th June 2015, 6:34 PM BST

Bigger isn't necessarily better.

Does that chat up line ever work? (Attributed to SootyJ)

MY Encyclical

So a white capped man in charge of the wealthiest organisation in the world has told us from one of his Personal 'chock full of great art treasures' Palaces, that the rest of us must do more to help poor people by mitigating the effect that climate change has on them.
Not actually against that idea, but I forget, could any 'God botherer' reading this remind me what sort of fabulous palace Jesus required to speak from when he came down and had his last little chat with us?
Maybe the white capped gentleman could use some of the obscene wealth at his disposal to buy the entire Brazilian rainforests and preserve them intact. He could keep them acting as the earths Lungs whilst at the same time protecting the (poor?) indigenous peoples who live there?

And whilst he is at it why not sponsor a range of 'Climate Change Condoms' and stop encouraging his followers from trying to out breed the planets resources.

Rant over.

oh come on, Pope Frank sleeps in the Vatican guest house. I'm not sure we'll really benefit from the Catholic Church selling some of the worlds most unique art treasures to; private collectors or museums which will charge people to see them. The Catholic church has been steadily trying to not oppose contraception and just not have an opinion on them.
If they actively encouraged their use, the growing communities of religious nutters in South America and Africa would just split off and become even more mental.
Pope Frank really is trying his best, but the Pope is a remarkably powerless figure.

Quote: sootyj @ 19th June 2015, 9:51 AM BST

Pope Frank really is trying his best, but the Pope is a remarkably powerless figure.

No, I am a remarkably powerless figure. The Pope is...THE POPE.

Jesus spoke from the mount not the Palace Balcony. He fed the 5000 he did not take a collection from them. When he said suffer the little children...well you get my point.

I bought a new Tablet the other day and I've just tried to turn it on but I can't understand what it's saying because it's get a bloody American accent!