Newsjack - Series 11 Page 7

Well done Andy, and anyone else who made it. Nothing for me this week.

Well done, Andy. I was at last night's show: what did you submit?

Thanks everyone.

My sketch was about hospital home care for the elderly, but I'm fairly certain that won't have been used. It's probably a one-liner.

For some reason, even though I got 5 sketches recorded for the TSWYW, my topical ones don't seem to go down as well. Plus, maybe a coincidence, all of my previous NJ credits have been when Ben Partridge has been script editor. Just heard that tonight is his last show, so that's me buggered for the rest of the series!

Quote: andysteph81 @ 25th September 2014, 6:31 PM BST

Thanks everyone.

My sketch was about hospital home care for the elderly, but I'm fairly certain that won't have been used. It's probably a one-liner.

You're right - or maybe it's more than one!

Well done all who got something on! *practices best "I'm pleased for them" face a la Oscar night losers...*

Out of interest any one get a recorded but cut email? Just wondering if they are going to be a thing this series.

Aye I had a recorded but cut email, no idea if it was a sketch or a joke though. Also to the chap who had things on show what you wrote, I feel your pain. I had four recorded for that and I've been crap on Newsjack too, mostly since series 10. Used to get sketches in and was invited in for 8 and 9, but now it seems to be just one liners.

Almost certainly because my sketches require months to polish, and by then there's sod all topical about them.

Did anyone who went hear a formula one or space station printer sketch?

[Did anyone who went hear a formula one or space station printer sketch?
[/quote]

Can't recall either of those, Ash.

Thanks viv, must have been a one liner then. I think I used the word flaps in both sketches, I will persist.

[quote I think I used the word flaps in both sketches, I will persist.
[/quote]

You can never use flaps too often (especially if you're a cat).

Well done, Ash, even a RBC email is an achievement.

No list of happy writers on the website yet as far as I can see. Anyone found it?

I've had the email! Must be a one-liner, as my sketches were a bit "last-minute"... :$

mine was the leaked Sooty one

Quote: Richard Woolford @ 25th September 2014, 10:59 PM BST

mine was the leaked Sooty one

Nice gag Richard. What did others get on?

Mine was the Optical Express sketch. Just got one-liners on last series so quite chuffed!

Enjoyed the independence chat line (maybe for the wrong reasons), the goldfish and the Bond sketch (best on last again).

Well done Andy and anyone else who got on.

Mike.