The Show What You Wrote - series 2 Page 9

Keep at it anyway.

So, either they're very happy with the rest of the sketches or we're only having one episode in this series?

The first series had a serious fall-off in requests for rewrites.

Probably once they realised it's easier to do most rewriting themselves and avoid the effort needed getting the original author to do it and still having to script-edit the rewritten version...

I've just had some rewrite notes for 2 of my Art and Lit sketches.

One for me too!

Think this will be a pretty heavy re-write, but their reaction pretty much mirrors what I thought on re-reading it last week.

The editor's thoughts on Jeremy Clarkson Uncensored?

Quote: notjosh @ 2nd May 2014, 4:10 PM BST

Think this will be a pretty heavy re-write

I sent a script in for the Sport and Leisure episode. However I didn't send the script as a separate document, I wrote it in my email. Do you think that will be OK?

Quote: dave1 @ 10th May 2014, 3:44 PM BST

I sent a script in for the Sport and Leisure episode. However I didn't send the script as a separate document, I wrote it in my email. Do you think that will be OK?

I suppose they didn't actually give a template for TSWYW this time round or mention a particular format.

I obviously don't know what the producers of the show think but I'd recommend making their life as easy as possible. That's usually attaching an editable script in rtf/doc format to an e-mail.

But I'm pretty sure they'll read it and if they like it they'll be in touch.

I've just received notes on a Science/Nature sketch - Do I take it from the thread so far that the geography and Art/Lit shows have sent out feedback so the final remaining chance is in sport?

Quote: andysteph81 @ 1st April 2014, 7:21 AM BST

I got an email from the team saying my sketches made them laugh, and if I wanted to submit a Geography sketch, they'd extend the deadline for me until the weekend.

Late to the thread, but that's pretty impressive - you're going to have to share some of your submissions after the show's gone out.

I've just had a Science & Nature rewrite request too. Bit more extensive than my geography one but the suggestions make sense. Looking forward to having another crack at it. I haven't seen anything about Sport ones yet...

I can see an e mail from them in my inbox
So I guess it must be to do with a Science & nature sketch as well

well open it already you tease

Quote: sootyj @ 13th May 2014, 4:42 PM BST

well open it already you tease

does that chat up line ever work?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/shows/shows/show_what_you_wrote_junjul14

Quote: The Carr @ 19th May 2014, 2:59 PM BST

http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/shows/shows/show_what_you_wrote_junjul14

There are only three shows on this list? are they dropping an episode like they did last time with the Documentry show?

Did they completely drop all sketches submitted for that topic last year or redistribute some of them to other episodes?