The IT Crowd Page 12

Quote: Chappers @ August 29 2013, 11:22 PM BST

I really shouldn't try to have a drink while watching The IT Crowd.

It really is a stupid thing to do.

Doulas's electric underpants were making me cry.

"How can that be erotic?"

And news today of the finale.

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/the-it-crowd-to-return-for-one-off-final-episode/319460

Hope they give it a happy ending. No pathos please.

"GodDAMN these electric sex pants!"
Matt Berry's delivery of that line is sheer genius. He almost seems aroused by the sentence itself.

Quote: Marooned @ September 5 2013, 11:36 PM BST

Matt Berry's delivery of that line is sheer genius. He almost seems aroused by the sentence itself.

Every time it buzzed I nearly pissed myself.

Quote: Chappers @ September 5 2013, 11:55 PM BST

Every time it buzzed I nearly pissed myself.

"But I'm not even aroused!"

Quote: Marooned @ September 5 2013, 11:36 PM BST

His delivery of that line is amazing, I love the way he almost looks philosophical at the end of it.

IT Crowd evening on C4 tonight, Tuesday 24th December 2013 from 9pm.

Really enjoyed the new documentary, very interesting I thought.

The "fans" choice for best episode was the Works Outing where they all go and see a gay musical called "Gay". Must say this is one of my favourites.

Sometimes when an episode (of any comedy show) is written well it just seems to "flow" and just seem "right" and this was such an episode.

The writer Graham Linehan's favourite was the "Street Mastermind" (Final Countdown) episode, which I have to say would not have been one of my favourites.

Maybe writer Graham Linehan liked this episode because of the way he built it up to the great puchline, with Roy spending the whole episode shouting "I'm not a window cleaner" then he admits at the end he works in IT support, but mainly looks after windows.

The whole episode was a nice idea, but this was from Series 4, when like most comedy series, they run out of ideas and it all starts to get "silly".

I know the whole point of comedy is to be silly, but when all comedy shows have been going for about 3 series they run out of ideas for things for the characters to do so have to get them to do more and more extreme things, which defeats the whole point of it being about "IT nerds".

That is why I did not like the final "special" as the characters finished up running the company which plainly would not happen to "IT nerds".

Far better to end like Father Ted ended, with Ted thinking he was going off to a new life in the USA, but finishing up going back to Craggy Island.

The 3 people in the IT department in the basement should have finished up there, because that is where they belong.

I was hoping he would choose the internet episode as his favourite. (Especially since I'm sure he said it was, in the documentary shown just beforehand!)

Quote: zooo @ 26th December 2013, 9:11 PM GMT

I was hoping he would choose the internet episode as his favourite. (Especially since I'm sure he said it was, in the documentary shown just beforehand!)

The one where Roy becomes topless and homeless is one of my faves.

I do like the Countdown one a lot though.

Loved The IT Crowd evening. Huge fan of this show

My favourite was the one where Roy gets mugged by Nicholas Lyndhurst.

I firmly believe that would have been the case, anyway.

Quote: Marooned @ 5th September 2013, 11:36 PM BST

Best quote ever!