Newsjack - Series 9 Page 25

And so the long, dark walk begins towards the execution chamber of humour that is Thursday...

Quote: AndyGilder @ October 8 2013, 4:10 PM BST

And so the long, dark walk begins towards the execution chamber of humour that is Thursday...

Actually, now we're on week 4, I no longer feel that tingly anticipation and fear - mostly because I now know that I have no chance of getting anything on - but I like to keep submitting as it's good practice for writing sketches. :D

I sent in half a page of one-liners... I'm using this whole series as practise (that's my story and I'm sticking to it) as I've only done longer, gentler* comedy in the past. I'm hoping a couple of decades of muttering darkly at the news will at least have pointed me in the right direction.
*less funny

One lines off too. I quite like them let's see what the script editors think.

Three one liners submitted.

Having attended the last three recordings, I am quite glad I am not going tomorrow... as the Thursday tingly feeling is preferred to spending the whole recording listening out for your own material and thus not enjoying the experience as much.

Is anyone else sending one liners along the lines of 'Opinions are like......'? I sent 2 last week and 3 this week, but I wasn't sure if was something they just write themselves.

I havent sent any this series, but they have used some of my opinion intros in past series so they are open to us to send in

A belated return to the newsjack threads, I've fallen into a bad habit of listening to the latest episode on Tuesday morning before I submit one-liners, need to start listening Thursday or Sunday (or Friday or Monday!)
In my defence I have been submitting and attending recordings since series 1 - including the 'snow' week when only 53 turned up (I've got a pic somewhere)

Might have a spare ticket for this Wednesday recording. PM or tweet me if interested (same username)

One liners submitted this week including Malala, Miley, MI5, Sexbox, 'y' word, Glastonbery, Royal Mail, Royal Football, Royal Sex(box) and Daily Express.

Did anyone see the trailer for Newsjack at the end of Have I Got (More) News For You on BBC1??

Quote: blahblah @ October 8 2013, 8:31 PM BST

I havent sent any this series, but they have used some of my opinion intros in past series so they are open to us to send in

thanks blahblah.

Quote: Bonzo @ October 8 2013, 8:17 PM BST

Is anyone else sending one liners along the lines of 'Opinions are like......'? I sent 2 last week and 3 this week, but I wasn't sure if was something they just write themselves.

They commented on Twitter this morning about having a surfeit of "opinions are like onions..." lines, so I guess there's some bandwagoning going on :)

Opinions are like arseholes. The EDL is full of them.

Oh dear, I didn't see that - in fact, I can't see it now... do they have more than one twitter feed? (I'm not that great with technology) :)

Quote: Bonzo @ October 9 2013, 8:52 AM BST

Oh dear, I didn't see that - in fact, I can't see it now... do they have more than one twitter feed? (I'm not that great with technology) :)

Bonzo, some of the info quoted in this thread (including the onions story) comes from the twitter accounts of the Producers rather than the official NJ Twitter feed.
Alison

In some ways, I will be glad when the series is over. I am finding myself hoarding lines and comments from my Twitter etc and it is killing me! My normal nonsense is trapped by not wanting to waste jokes but by the time they are not used on NewsJack, it is too late to throw these gems* into the public!

*Gems is subjective. As in, they are brilliant and if you or anyone else doesn't think so then you can all go *^&% off.

;-)

Quote: radiogagger @ October 8 2013, 8:54 PM BST

In my defence I have been submitting and attending recordings since series 1 - including the 'snow' week when only 53 turned up (I've got a pic somewhere)

Did anyone see the trailer for Newsjack at the end of Have I Got (More) News For You on BBC1??

I was there in snow week too! Perhaps we need to do a reunion shot 20 years on. Or something.

And really a trailer for a Radio 4 Extra programme on BBC1? Wow! This show really is getting bigger.

Quote: LippyAlison @ October 9 2013, 9:30 AM BST

Bonzo, some of the info quoted in this thread (including the onions story) comes from the twitter accounts of the Producers rather than the official NJ Twitter feed.
Alison

Thanks Alison!