Status report Page 5,798

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th May 2015, 10:47 PM BST

Like Jack Sparrow :D

But watch out for his dogs.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 14th May 2015, 10:51 PM BST

I am finding your contributions increasingly incomprehensible. :P

I'm very deep. Cool

I said to the frosty woman on the till in Tesco yesterday "all the staff are as miserable as sin today". She snapped back "I'm not miserable". So I said "oh not you, those over there" although she was miserable. That gave me the chance to try again. "Is it something management have done?" I asked. "We're cold" she said "it's freezing in here". I smiled, said "yes" and thought "case is now proven".

A huge thunderstorm is rolling in and the thunder and lightning are making me feel like I'm in the middle of an artillery barrage. Two homes in my neighborhood have recently burned to the ground after being struck, so I'm a little nervous.

Quote: DaButt @ 15th May 2015, 11:10 AM BST

A huge thunderstorm is rolling in and the thunder and lightning are making me feel like I'm in the middle of an artillery barrage. Two homes in my neighborhood have recently burned to the ground after being struck, so I'm a little nervous.

Good Luck. Hope it passes soon.

Yikes.
I normally like a thunderstorm, bur not the type that burns houses down.

Giving the golf clubs a good clean for the first game of the year this afternoon.
I think half an hour on the practice range will definitely be needed

Quote: zooo @ 15th May 2015, 11:30 AM BST

Yikes.

No hot summers, no apocalyptic thunderstorms...you're not easy to please.

Quote: zooo @ 15th May 2015, 11:30 AM BST

Yikes.

I grew up in South Florida where violent thunderstorms were a daily occurrence, but I don't remember any houses burning down. Maybe it was because they were all single-story buildings on low, flat ground, and lightning tended to strike the taller trees. Or maybe the tile roofs protected them? Here we all live in tall, wooden houses on hilltops, so maybe that increases the danger.

Looks like we're well on our way to ending our 4-year drought. It's rained every day for the last 2 weeks and there's no end in sight.

You just need to make sure you live next to a church with a nice tall steeple.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 15th May 2015, 11:34 AM BST

No hot summers, no apocalyptic thunderstorms...you're not easy to please.

Don't forget lots of snow!

Quote: zooo @ 15th May 2015, 11:55 AM BST

There's one two blocks away. It's really more of a (very out of place) bell tower, but I'd hate for it to be struck by lightning, because it's actually a cellular phone antenna. I read somewhere that it was the most expensive antenna that AT&T had erected; I think it cost them 2 or 3 million dollars.

Quote: zooo @ 15th May 2015, 11:55 AM BST

Don't forget lots of snow!

Or fit a good lightning-rod.

Not if they cost 2 million squids.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 15th May 2015, 8:47 AM BST

I said to the frosty woman on the till in Tesco yesterday "all the staff are as miserable as sin today". She snapped back "I'm not miserable". So I said "oh not you, those over there" although she was miserable. That gave me the chance to try again. "Is it something management have done? I asked. "We're cold" she said "it's freezing in here". I smiled, said "yes" and thought "case is now proven".

I've noticed too that Tescos staff are a miserable load of bastards! They need to send them to charm school.

Also everyone there recently had their sleeves down properly except some stupid tart had hers rolled up to display some awful "body art". Why on earth do they think it looks good? I would love to be there in 50 years when they regret their decisions and hope the NHS doesn't bow down to pressure to remove them. They paid to have it done - they should pay to have it f**king removed!

Rant over - for now!

Quote: Chappers @ 15th May 2015, 5:03 PM BST

I've noticed too that Tescos staff are a miserable load of bastards! They need to send them to charm school.

Also everyone there recently had their sleeves down properly except some stupid tart had hers rolled up to display some awful "body art". Why on earth do they think it looks good? I would love to be there in 50 years when they regret their decisions and hope the NHS doesn't bow down to pressure to remove them. They paid to have it done - they should pay to have it f**king removed!

Rant over - for now!

I like the people in Morrisons.

It is like "The Rag Trade" in there or Mike Baldwin's factory. Old Britain. That is very reassuring to me.

Re tattoos, I reckon the parallel is university degrees. There was a time when they meant something - eg someone had been in the armed forces. Now almost everyone has got them and it's probably more women that have them than men. From memory, the originals were all one colour, generally subtle and sometimes it was just a dot whereas now they all massive and green and purple and look like they have been done in Primark. I have a BA with honours in Body Art from the University of Primark. Well, welcome aboard the Government Economics Service........you can start at middle management.