Status report Page 5,801

if the nasty stalks bits are gone.

Over a soup too.

Quote: sootyj @ 21st May 2015, 4:21 PM BST

Coriander leaf is nasty, the spice is nice though.

Guess you don't eat much Mexican food, as it's typically brimming with what they call 'cilantro.' I used to hate it, but now I couldn't imagine a street taco without the stuff.

Some people can't digest it. If it tastes like soap to you you're supposed to avoid it as it's bad for you.

I think it's just a genetic-based perception of the taste/smell, not something dangerous. It tastes slightly soapy to me, but that doesn't keep me from sprinkling it on Mexican dishes.

*shudder* You're a sick, sick man!

Quote: sootyj @ 21st May 2015, 4:21 PM BST

Coriander leaf is nasty, the spice is nice though.

I love coriander leaf

<3 <3 <3 Lovey

I could happily have a coriander sandwich !

The stalks are are good if you finely chop them. Also needs to be a freshish bunch or the leaves go chewy.
I'm not big on the spice version.

I was going to have a bagel with sour cream coriander and tomato for lunch this week but didn't get up in time to make it.

I never realised so many people don't like coriander.

Finely chopped coriander, onion and tomatoes with half a lemon squeezed over makes a gorgeous side dish to eat with poppadoms (to me anyway)

When I'm in charge you will all be deported.

ZOOOKIP.

Yup. The coriander lovers, people who vote no in Ireland today, and everyone who doesn't like cats is on the first rocketship to Mars.

Quote: zooo @ 22nd May 2015, 11:45 AM BST

Yup. The coriander lovers, people who vote no in Ireland today, and everyone who doesn't like cats is on the first rocketship to Mars.

Does being a coriander hater cancel out being a cat hater or should I get my space suit?

The coriander lovers who agree with me about the other two things will be let off. You can't help having weird taste buds.

But the cat thing is non negotiable!