Status report Page 5,805

Quote: A Horseradish @ 26th May 2015, 9:02 PM BST

Never heard of him.

Is he related to the late Wally Stott who later became Angela Morley?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6V2yH9p15A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f0adK3sNaY

Or is it that other very fine composer of popular music, Lally Stott?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSNSTerj2Kc

Or Donald and Davie Stott?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th May 2015, 9:05 PM BST

Of Goon Show fame. :)

There's a Matt Stott on our local rag, can't be him surely.

Yes indeed - of the Goons fame. :)

Quote: lofthouse @ 26th May 2015, 9:07 PM BST

Or Donald and Davie Stott?

Cool.

I have fallen off my bike but only because it's difficult to ride it and type at the same time. :)

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 26th May 2015, 4:38 PM BST

Just finished university today...now I'm a Master Of (F)Arts.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Quote: keewik @ 26th May 2015, 10:20 PM BST

CONGRATULATIONS!

That's what I meant to say.

And luvvly jubbli(fic)ations. :)

Congrats!

What Art are you now a Master of? (I'm 99% sure you've told us before.)

Quote: zooo @ 26th May 2015, 10:45 PM BST

Congrats!

What Art are you now a Master of? (I'm 99% sure you've told us before.)

Thanks all, sociology and media studies.

TWO ARTS!

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 26th May 2015, 10:52 PM BST

Thanks all, sociology and media studies.

Slightly more reassuring, I suppose. Don't believe, though, that you aren't fully buying into systemic indoctrination just because you have been doing an only-on-the-fringe-of-the-establishment degree.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 26th May 2015, 11:42 PM BST

Don't believe, though, that you aren't fully buying into systemic indoctrination just because you have been doing an only-on-the-fringe-of-the-establishment degree.

Spot on. My studies were part of my camouflage tactic, in reality I want to inherit Sepp Blatter's job as head of FIFA. :P

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 27th May 2015, 7:25 AM BST

Spot on. My studies were part of my camouflage tactic, in reality I want to inherit Sepp Blatter's job as head of FIFA. :P

It might be vacant very soon.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 27th May 2015, 9:09 AM BST

Yes - let's hope so.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 27th May 2015, 7:25 AM BST

A late friend of mine obtained a 3rd in sociology by writing his main essay in the college bar having left it to the last 48 hours to start. The subject he chose for it was "The Sociology of the Rise and Fall of Reginald Perrin". If I say that our university was then ranked 6th in the country, it will give you a truer picture of the quality of higher education in Her Greatness of Britain plc. And they were better times!!!

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 27th May 2015, 9:09 AM BST

Scandal in Yodel Land again.

Hello everybody! if you can send me please any amount to my webmoney purse Z120878788189 I need money for my scientific activity

Regards,
Roman

Will Denarius be OK?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 26th May 2015, 4:38 PM BST

Just finished university today...now I'm a Master Of (F)Arts.

Congratulations, what do you intend to do with it? I hope you don't have years of paying student loan off ahead of you. That stinks.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 27th May 2015, 9:52 AM BST

Yes - let's hope so.

A late friend of mine obtained a 3rd in sociology by writing his main essay in the college bar having left it to the last 48 hours to start. The subject he chose for it was "The Sociology of the Rise and Fall of Reginald Perrin". If I say that our university was then ranked 6th in the country, it will give you a truer picture of the quality of higher education in Her Greatness of Britain plc. And they were better times!!!

I could be wrong as my memory isn't great, but I believe when we were looking at various universities with our sons there was one offering a degree in something to do with David Beckham.