Status report Page 5,142

Quote: chipolata @ June 21 2011, 8:00 AM BST

Longest Day today. From tomorrow the nights start drawing in. Winter's coming! :D

This.

I haven't had my Summer yet. I hate the Winter, its cold and miserable especially after Christmas. I really want to move to a hot country, I love waking up to sunshine. I think I have SAD Teary

Quote: chipolata @ June 21 2011, 8:00 AM BST

Longest Day today. From tomorrow the nights start drawing in. Winter's coming! :D

The shortest day here today. Felt really really long though. Hope Summer is a long long way off, winter just started.

Quote: chipolata @ June 21 2013, 12:44 PM BST

This.

Woo!

Die Winter, die, die!

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ June 21 2013, 1:10 PM BST

Die Winter, die, die!

Hey Gordon, that line triggered this song in my head.

I think you may know it already. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2bMJ-wSvbI

I know it's nothing at all to do winter/summer, but who cares?

Die Winter, die, die!

That Cool

Hi everyone - thanks for your comments yesterday, just saw them. Some good advice there for sure.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not literally about to chuck the job but I desperately need a change in some way to give myself a new motivation. The role just doesn't challenge me and I don't really care for the industry - that's just the way it goes.

Yesterday wasn't great as the wife's birthday ended up a bit a damp squib and then the car broke down. I burst out laughing when I heard it was so absurd. :)

I'm better today but there will be challenges ahead. I just need to keep some perspective and crack on. I know it will pass but it feels like this slump has been going on for years. If the separation is the start then it will take time but at least I know that things are creating a new outcome rather than more of the same.

Love Ling and Prosper

...except Martin Ling was sacked as manager of Torquay in April so scrub that last bit. It would be better that I say, "If you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got"

Die Winter, die, die!

When I say winter, I mean maximum temps of 17C. Was wet and windy today so did feel colder!

Quote: reds @ June 21 2013, 12:56 PM BST

The shortest day here today.

:O

Although thinking about it, that makes sense.

Die Winter, die, die!

Pff. Winter will always win. Eventually the sun will die and it'll be permanent winter.

Quote: Tuumble @ June 21 2013, 2:14 PM BST

Hi everyone - thanks for your comments yesterday, just saw them. Some good advice there for sure.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not literally about to chuck the job but I desperately need a change in some way to give myself a new motivation. The role just doesn't challenge me and I don't really care for the industry - that's just the way it goes.

Yesterday wasn't great as the wife's birthday ended up a bit a damp squib and then the car broke down. I burst out laughing when I heard it was so absurd. :)

I'm better today but there will be challenges ahead. I just need to keep some perspective and crack on. I know it will pass but it feels like this slump has been going on for years. If the separation is the start then it will take time but at least I know that things are creating a new outcome rather than more of the same.

Love Ling and Prosper

...except Martin Ling was sacked as manager of Torquay in April so scrub that last bit. It would be better that I say, "If you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got"

Good attitude Tumble. You are obviously a good man, I hope things turn out for you.

[quote name="chipolata" post="991334" date="June 21 2013, 2:18 PM BST]

Pff. Winter will always win. Eventually the sun will die and it'll be permanent winter.[/quote]
Until the lion appears accompanied by some dreary middle-class brats.

Quote: Pingl @ June 21 2013, 2:22 PM BST

Good attitude Tumble. You are obviously a good man, I hope things turn out for you.

I couldn't agree more. Tuumble, I didn't post earlier because everyone had said what I was going to say, but all the best mate. Keep that chin up.

Quote: Tuumble @ June 21 2013, 2:14 PM BST

Maybe try Volunteering somewhere. It might be a bit difficult depending on your work hours and working around kids etc, but you might be able to find somewhere that is wanting people for one day every few weeks or monthly. Maybe something like helping at a nursing home/ hospital or a homeless charity. Who knows you might even get offered paid employment from it.

Quote: reds @ June 21 2013, 2:24 PM BST

Maybe try Volunteering somewhere. It might be a bit difficult depending on your work hours and working around kids etc, but you might be able to find somewhere that is wanting people for one day every few weeks or monthly. Maybe something like helping at a nursing home/ hospital or a homeless charity. Who knows you might even get offered paid employment from it.

It's funny you should say that. In my hand is a phone number for the local branch of Mind, the mental health charity. I've raised money for them before and might be just what I need to know that I'm actually doing something really worthwhile.

Quote: chipolata @ June 21 2013, 2:18 PM BST

:O

Although thinking about it, that makes sense.

Pff. Winter will always win. Eventually the sun will die and it'll be permanent winter.

I have noticed that people in this country have an urge to hibernate, which might explain this irrational, to my mind, love of winter. Hiding away from the world in a warm womb of home while the storms rage outside. Sleep and home seem to have become a refuge from a world that scares them. this in part might explain why some people seem to live in Pajamas. These pajama people, often to be spotted in Tesco etc, are a fairly new thing. Its all tied in with onesies which are romper suits for adults and our societies love of juvenalia, time for us as a society to grow up and get a grip. This of course is not to say some people just don't like the warm weather, which is fair enough.