Status report Page 5,139

Quote: Tuumble @ June 20 2013, 2:22 PM BST

Thanks mate.

You might not believe this but the marriage thing is about the only thing that makes any sense right now. It just feels like every decision I'm making is a big one and fraught with pitfalls. Whenever I glance into the future it just scares the hell out of me.

I have to quit my job but consequences are terrifying. I'm already overpaid for what I do and at the moment my confidence is so low I feel almost unemployable. At 44 that's not likely to get better unless something really radical happens. I have a laptop and iPhone supplied by work and they pay my transport costs so I have a lot to lose. I even get a bonus at Christmas but the way things are going there's not much chance of that.

I honestly do feel that I could just walk away from the job but what about the bills? As it stands I have £11 till payday on Tuesday so if I can't manage on what I've got how can I do it when I'm paid even less?

This is what I mean about standing around and watching - I have to take action but I just don't know how. Every option seems to involve more difficulties and more humiliation.

Ode Pal.

Do you really have to quit your job or is it the moment to say 'f**k 'em' they're not going to get to me?

I'm like that at work at the moment. I go in, I do what I have to do and then I leave.

It's so easy to let all the strands get entangled. Try to deal with one at a time.

Sorry if I'm bordering on platitudes but you get my drift?

I live life by three words 'It will pass.' At the moment I'm struggling to believe that myself but I know it to be true and that's what keeps me going.

Take care Ode Pal.

Kiss, kiss.

OR.

(Just for once I don't mind being top of the page! :) )

Sorry you are having a shit Time at the minute Tuumble. I can't offer advice on the divorce front as I haven't been there. But on the money/job front I could offer some thoughts. No one ever got weathly working for someone else. You never have true freedom working for someone else. But with confidence at a low, now may not be the time to make that leap. If I recall you do graphic design work, or at least some element of it. Can you not get some work on Elance in addition to your job in order to get extra income?

Quote: Tuumble @ June 20 2013, 2:22 PM BST

Thanks mate.

You might not believe this but the marriage thing is about the only thing that makes any sense right now. It just feels like every decision I'm making is a big one and fraught with pitfalls. Whenever I glance into the future it just scares the hell out of me.

I have to quit my job but consequences are terrifying. I'm already overpaid for what I do and at the moment my confidence is so low I feel almost unemployable. At 44 that's not likely to get better unless something really radical happens. I have a laptop and iPhone supplied by work and they pay my transport costs so I have a lot to lose. I even get a bonus at Christmas but the way things are going there's not much chance of that.

I honestly do feel that I could just walk away from the job but what about the bills? As it stands I have £11 till payday on Tuesday so if I can't manage on what I've got how can I do it when I'm paid even less?

This is what I mean about standing around and watching - I have to take action but I just don't know how. Every option seems to involve more difficulties and more humiliation.

Does that chat up line ever work?

Sorry if I didn't take the piss I suspect you'd worry more.
Where there's life there's hope.

Sometimes if you wait long enough life starts to sort it's self out.

Quote: bigfella @ June 20 2013, 9:15 PM BST

Sorry you are having a shit Time at the minute Tuumble. I can't offer advice on the divorce front as I haven't been there. But on the money/job front I could offer some thoughts. No one ever got weathly working for someone else. You never have true freedom working for someone else. But with confidence at a low, now may not be the time to make that leap. If I recall you do graphic design work, or at least some element of it. Can you not get some work on Elance in addition to your job in order to get extra income? Or loot some monasteries?

Always with looting the monasteries.

But with Elance or PPH happy to advise.

Quote: sootyj @ June 20 2013, 9:24 PM BST

Always with looting the monasteries.

The greatest get rich quick scheme in history!

Tumble I once had a boss who drove us mad with his procrastination, but part of his excuse was that if you wait, problems will sort themselves out. Don't know if I agree totally but maybe it can
be the best course sometimes - if we can't see the solution, maybe wait and see what develops. DON'T throw up the job - that will only lead to more problems.

Still reeling from zoo's new avatar ...... and suffering temporary blindness.

Quote: Oldrocker @ June 20 2013, 9:05 PM BST

I go in, I do what I have to do and then I leave.

Ironically, this is my philosophy when posting on the BCG.

Ben is reeling from zooo's new avatar.

Quote: Ben @ June 20 2013, 11:07 PM BST

Ben is reeling from zooo's new avatar.

I was just looking at a thread where zooo had posted before/after chip - the orange and pink clashed terribly - there should be a law against it. I'm emailing my Euro MP in Brussels asap.

Quote: Tuumble @ June 20 2013, 1:40 PM BST

My life is unravelling around me and I'm just stood around watching it happen. What the f**k is the matter with me?

Not being trite but I feel like that 80% of the time, money worries, being a single parent, needing to work more hours yet having no help at home to take some of the slack...all I can say tuumble is to weather the storm now and don't make any snap decisions, like OR said 'this too will pass' is one I use a lot and makes things bearable when it all gets too much. Also get yourself on here more and shoot the breeze with all the other Les Miserables ;)

It is rather pink. I shall try not to post next to chip. ;)

Quote: chipolata @ June 20 2013, 11:01 PM BST

Ironically, this is my philosophy when posting on the BCG.

And sex.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ June 20 2013, 11:15 PM BST

and don't make any snap decisions

I was told this by a doctor too. Don't rush in to anything if you're feeling low, Tuumble.

Quote: zooo @ June 20 2013, 11:16 PM BST

I liked it when you had the picture of the cat saying "I hate you".

Quote: zooo @ June 20 2013, 11:16 PM BST

My son found a small dinosaur in the park and promptly handed it to his friend, annoying, I wanted to bring it home and nurture it.

Quote: Ben @ June 20 2013, 11:24 PM BST

I liked it when you had the picture of the cat saying "I hate you".

I liked that one too.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ June 20 2013, 11:28 PM BST

My son found a small dinosaur in the park and promptly handed it to his friend, annoying, I wanted to bring it home and nurture it.

Was it pink?

It was red and yellow I think. I have a large dinosaur that I use to weigh down the plastic on the rabbit hutch, it's really cool but is now getting a bit weather beaten poor thing.