Status report Page 5,138

My life is unravelling around me and I'm just stood around watching it happen. What the f**k is the matter with me?

:(

Quote: George Kaplan @ June 20 2013, 1:31 PM BST

You don't work for RBS by any chance, do you, zooo? ;)

Oh wow, I am evidently number dyslexic.

Quote: zooo @ June 20 2013, 1:44 PM BST

:(

Oh wow, I am evidently number dyslexic.

Maybe you just need more coffee? :)

Chip just needs a fourth cat.

Quote: zooo @ June 20 2013, 1:47 PM BST

Chip just needs a fourth cat.

Laughing out loud

Maybe David Smith could sell him zooo? ;)

Quote: Tuumble @ June 20 2013, 1:40 PM BST

My life is unravelling around me and I'm just stood around watching it happen. What the f**k is the matter with me?

In the long run you'll hopefully see it as straightening out, rather than unravelling.
All you can try and do is the right thing by as many people as possible and keep your eye on the long-term objective.
Tough times do pass.
(Been there, done that, got the bills to prove it)

Quote: George Kaplan @ June 20 2013, 1:49 PM BST

Laughing out loud

Maybe David Smith could sell him zooo? ;)

I'd wager he'd prefer L.E. But yes, good idea. ;)

Quote: zooo @ June 20 2013, 1:54 PM BST

I'd wager he'd prefer L.E. But yes, good idea. ;)

Totally!

Think of all the L.E./pussy jokes!

Quote: Lazzard @ June 20 2013, 1:51 PM BST

In the long run you'll hopefully see it as straightening out, rather than unravelling.
All you can try and do is the right thing by as many people as possible and keep your eye on the long-term objective.
Tough times do pass.
(Been there, done that, got the bills to prove it)

Thanks mate.

You might not believe this but the marriage thing is about the only thing that makes any sense right now. It just feels like every decision I'm making is a big one and fraught with pitfalls. Whenever I glance into the future it just scares the hell out of me.

I have to quit my job but consequences are terrifying. I'm already overpaid for what I do and at the moment my confidence is so low I feel almost unemployable. At 44 that's not likely to get better unless something really radical happens. I have a laptop and iPhone supplied by work and they pay my transport costs so I have a lot to lose. I even get a bonus at Christmas but the way things are going there's not much chance of that.

I honestly do feel that I could just walk away from the job but what about the bills? As it stands I have £11 till payday on Tuesday so if I can't manage on what I've got how can I do it when I'm paid even less?

This is what I mean about standing around and watching - I have to take action but I just don't know how. Every option seems to involve more difficulties and more humiliation.

Sorry to hear that you are at such a low mate. I hope things work themselves out for you soon . We're all here for you bud.

Quote: L.E. @ June 20 2013, 1:56 PM BST

Totally!

Who would want a Jewish cat ? Cool

Cats are picky enough about their food already...

Cool Cool

Tuumble, I hope it sets itself right mate. Just stay strong, even though it feels like it, it's not the end of the world. This is a rough patch - a real rough patch - but you've made it this far! Once you come out of the other end, you'll come out a stronger man, you just have to look at life from a different perspective and remember that the good relationship you still have with your wife means that you're going to have an easier time than most to still have time with your kids.

Waiting for my oncall shift to finish and then I can go out for a run in the fading daylight.

Quote: Ben @ June 20 2013, 8:13 PM BST

Waiting for my oncall shift to finish and then I can go out for a nun in the fading daylight.

???