Lab Rats Page 5

Yes, of course. But it doesn't mention the shit ones I want to watch...

;)

Dan

Quote: chipolata @ June 26 2008, 1:45 PM BST

Nowadays I don't pay attention to trailers. I remember avoiding watching Pulling simply because the trailer made it look awful. Yet when I watched it eighteen months later I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. I also remember The IT Crowd trailer lowering my expectations on that show considerably. The Office and Flight of The Conchords also had pretty bad trailers... Trailers: worthless. Especially for brand new shows.

The IT Crowd trailer won me over with 'A plan? Let me put on some slightly larger glasses'.

That would do it!

I'll give this a look tomorrow but from what I know it doesn't look as though it'll be something for me. A bit concerned too that all the scientists are supposedly idiots. Isn't that a bit too lazy to write?

Quote: David H @ July 9 2008, 11:48 AM BST

I'll give this a look tomorrow but from what I know it doesn't look as though it'll be something for me. A bit concerned too that all the scientists are supposedly idiots. Isn't that a bit too lazy to write?

You can hqave different types of idiot. For example, Aaron is a different type of idiot than Jake How. No offence. :D

Quote: Griff @ July 9 2008, 12:12 PM BST

I like programmes where everyone is an idiot.

I like forums where everyone is an idiot, hence i go on this one.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha aha ha ha ha ha ha ha h ah ah ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha aha ha ha ha ha ha ha h ah ah ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

only jesting team, hope i havney hurt anybodies feelings

Hee.

Yay, Labrats, finally on.
I am again, moist with excitement.

Looking forward to this. I try not to watch trailers for new sitcoms because what are they really meant to be telling you other than "here's the premise"? Can't judge'em fairly on that. Really hoping for a good laugh considering those involved.

I just turned this off after 5 minutes.

The jokes seemed pretty lame and predictable. The acting was mediocre as well. Most importantly, it didn't make me laugh. I can't think of one sitcom I've been loyal to that hasn't made me laugh in the first 5 minutes.

Quote: Winterlight @ July 10 2008, 9:40 PM BST

I just turned this off after 5 minutes.

The jokes seemed pretty lame and predictable. The acting was mediocre as well. Most importantly, it didn't make me laugh. I can't think of one sitcom I've been loyal to that hasn't made me laugh in the first 5 minutes.

I got bored too.

Terrible.

Lets sock it to 'em!

There were a few good lines, but literally only a few - certainly no more than half a dozen - throughout the whole half hour, and a couple of good moments too (visually, that is).

As I'm sure you all know, I'll sit through anything.

But that was BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.

I don't feel the kind of hatred towards it that I do with The Wall, for example, but it was really really poor. I like these so-called "middle of the road" sitcoms, but it was like they'd neutered it of jokes. I don't know how they got away with it. Can't see a second series.

And no surprise that the trailer represented the show TOTALLY.

Bland, unfunny, irritating.

It was like a shit copy of the IT Crowd.

As with most cases, you have to give it a chance. Well, you don't really, but I will be. I've seen Chris Addison doing stand-up and he was brilliant, so I'm hoping it'll improve a bit. You can't expect perfection from the first scene. It shows promise, especially the end with the giant snail.

Quote: Gluben @ July 10 2008, 10:12 PM BST

As with most cases, you have to give it a chance. Well, you don't really, but I will be. I've seen Chris Addison doing stand-up and he was brilliant, so I'm hoping it'll improve a bit. You can't expect perfection from the first scene. It shows promise, especially the end with the giant snail.

I like his stand up too.

And you can't expect perfection? Sorry? Is this not on the telly? Will this not have gone through development and rehearsals and re-writes?

First episode of Black Books - hilarious. Ditto IT Crowd, Father Ted, Inbetweeners.