Lab Rats

The BBC have released some preview videos of Chris Addison's new studio sitcom, which starts in about a fortnight's time. What do you think? https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/lab_rats/videos/

Any idea what time of night this is likely to be broadcast? Found the three clips quite funny but if the BBC intends a post watershed timeslot I think the audience will be expecting something much edgier. Mustn't condemn before the damned thing been broadcast though. I've like most of the stuff Chris Addison has been involved with (TV and radio).

This is probably the sitcom I'm looking forward to most this year, on account of The Ape That Got Lucky (which was brilliant) and Armando Ianucci being involved. Hope I won't be disappointed.

Quote: Writer2K @ June 24 2008, 11:56 AM BST

Any idea what time of night this is likely to be broadcast? Found the three clips quite funny but if the BBC intends a post watershed timeslot I think the audience will be expecting something much edgier.

I know what you mean... thankfully it goes out at the fairly early time of 9:30pm (for six weeks, starting on Thursday 10th July).

Is it going to be part of a new Thursdays are funny line-up? And if so, what are the other shows going out with it?

Ooh, it looks good. The whole lightbulb and chair conversation was great. As was the dumb girl and lemon caculator.

Quote: chipolata @ June 24 2008, 12:28 PM BST

and Armando Ianucci being involved. Hope I won't be disappointed.

Missed the fact that Armando Ianucci was involved. I'm now expecting great things.

The trouble is that they've postponed showing this for so long, will it just look like a British rip-off of The Big Bang Theory? They may not be identical in plot, but it was recorded back in like October, I think, so why the wait?

Quote: Aaron @ June 24 2008, 1:14 PM BST

The trouble is that they've postponed showing this for so long, will it just look like a British rip-off of The Big Bang Theory? They may not be identical in plot, but it was recorded back in like October, I think, so why the wait?

Also, is it still going to called 'Lab Rats'? Hasn't Richard Hammond nabbed that for his childrens' BBC science programme that's been commissioned? Or is Hammond's company going to be the one to have to back down?

I like the clips. And Addison's great. I'm so glad it's finally on!!

Looks like it could be good; none of the clips knocked me out, but I liked them.

I liked the bulb in the box.

Quote: zooo @ June 24 2008, 6:06 PM BST

I liked the bulb in the box.

Yeah, that was good; the stupid woman with the calculator was a bit annoying, even in short clip form; so itll be interesting to see what shes like in a full episode. Having said that, the lemon powerd calculator was a funny payoff.

The no water in the watering can actually made me laugh too.

Quote: zooo @ June 24 2008, 6:11 PM BST

The no water in the watering can actually made me laugh too.

Oh yeah, that was funny. Im actually laughing more at remembering bits now than when I watched; could be a good sign?