Lab Rats Page 4

The wit amused me. I have not a clue about your sitcom - not even any clips ;) - so won't judge!

Quote: Aaron @ June 25 2008, 12:03 PM BST

The wit amused me. I have not a clue about your sitcom - not even any clips ;) - so won't judge!

Christ, you're easily pleased! If you ever watched Only Fools and Horses you'd have a coronary.

Easily pleased? Well, only on the comedy front.

Quote: Seefacts @ June 25 2008, 12:06 PM BST

Christ, you're easily pleased! If you ever watched Only Fools and Horses you'd have a coronary.

He'd have a mild stroke watching Newsnight.

Quote: Aaron @ June 25 2008, 12:10 PM BST

Easily pleased? Well, only on the comedy front.

Well, I wasn't suggesting you were easily pleased in other areas. I'm not going to come round and do a little sexy dance and give you a back rub or anything.

Quote: Pete @ June 25 2008, 12:13 PM BST

Paxman IS funny though.

Quote: Pete @ June 25 2008, 12:13 PM BST

With anger.

Quote: Seefacts @ June 25 2008, 12:16 PM BST

Well, I wasn't suggesting you were easily pleased in other areas. I'm not going to come round and do a little sexy dance and give you a back rub or anything.

Awww. :(

Quote: Seefacts @ June 25 2008, 12:16 PM BST

Paxman IS funny though.

Compared to lemon calculators he's bill hicks and eddie murphy combined.

Just to recap, are all the people dismissing this show doing so on the basis of a few clips? Or have they seen it?

really, really looking forward to this.

No one has seen it yet.

Quote: chipolata @ June 25 2008, 12:34 PM BST

Just to recap, are all the people dismissing this show doing so on the basis of a few clips? Or have they seen it?

Just a few clips.

Quote: chipolata @ June 25 2008, 12:34 PM BST

A trailer is designed to showcase a show and make people watch it.

It's representative of the show and anyone is allowed to make a positive or negative judgement based on the two minutes or so of material in those trailers. That's why we have trailers.

How is me saying 'It wasn't funny, I don't think it'll be any good' any less allowed than 'It made me laugh, I think it'll be good'. It's not. Both are valid opinions.

I've watched the clips and made a judgement based around those: That it won't be any good.

I'll still watch it, of course, and I hope I'm surprised. But I don't think I will.

Nowadays I don't pay attention to trailers. I remember avoiding watching Pulling simply because the trailer made it look awful. Yet when I watched it eighteen months later I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. I also remember The IT Crowd trailer lowering my expectations on that show considerably. The Office and Flight of The Conchords also had pretty bad trailers... Trailers: worthless. Especially for brand new shows.

Quote: chipolata @ June 26 2008, 1:45 PM BST

Trailers: worthless. Especially for brand new shows.

Except that, cos I don't watch any ads, I may miss the programme entirely. So, almost worthless.

:)

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ June 26 2008, 4:19 PM BST

Except that, cos I don't watch any ads, I may miss the programme entirely. So, almost worthless.

:)

Dan

Surely this marvelously informative website informs you of all upcoming comedies? ;)