Not Going Out - Series 7 Page 14

The plane was a set.

Quote: G180e @ 14th December 2014, 8:10 PM GMT

How did they record it in front of an audience? Was the plane just a set or was it shown on a screen or something?

Yeah they built a shell of a plane (only the bit where they sat) and the bit with him talking to the captain was open so they only built half of that shell. Hopefully that makes sense.

Fairly normal procedure I would have thought?

Quote: ErinT @ 14th December 2014, 7:56 PM GMT

I went to the recording and they basically said that it wasn't worth hiring someone to do it and assuming Hugh Dennis can do voices they went with him. It saved them some hassle I suppose.

They must have forgotten that Hugh Dennis isn't actually that good at disguising his voice.

Gosh! I wasn't expecting that.

Here comes the bride....

That was one of the best episodes of Not Going Out I've seen, some genuine emotion in a couple of the scenes. Hopefully the Christmas special will be just as good.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 14th December 2014, 11:32 PM GMT

They must have forgotten that Hugh Dennis isn't actually that good at disguising his voice.

I didn't see that one but Hugh has got one of those voices that always sound like him - like Jon Culshaw.

Quote: G180e @ 19th December 2014, 10:03 PM GMT

Gosh! I wasn't expecting that.

Here comes the bride....

Just watched this one and a few LOL moments.

Great episode. Eek!

Mack has successfully broke the "don't go beyond the third series" rule. NGO is as good as ever.

So, really getting the feeling that the Special on Christmas Eve is the last ever episode!

How does anyone ever get served in that pub? And why does no one seem to want a drink?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 21st December 2014, 8:07 PM GMT

How does anyone ever get served in that pub? And why does no one seem to want a drink?

Because everyone behind the bar just sits around laughing.

Ooh, just watched Friday's episode - loved the ending and especially liked how it all felt rather sudden despite years of waiting! Can't wait for next/final episode :)

Quote: Chappers @ 21st December 2014, 10:20 PM GMT

Because everyone behind the bar just sits around laughing.

Just didn't seem good direction to me?

That last episode has to have been the best ever - and not because they finally got together. The jokes were coming thick and fast, but I particularly liked...

Bitter? Bite her, I'd never do that!

and

Have a peanut, they're complimentary.

Plus many more like that.

I still miss Tim Vine though.

Series 6 (I think) was a bit shitty (the first series without Tim Vine), but I understand not bringing Hugh Dennis in straight away, as I don't think that would have worked either.