Not Going Out - Series 7 Page 12

Didn't mind tonight's episode either, always nice to see Bobby Ball make a guest appearance. Loved the whole part where Lee and Lucy tried to give up drinking for seven days. Laughing out loud

That episode was weirdly preachy.

I'm very happy about the addition of Hugh Dennis to the (semi-)regular cast. I can't even say that I like his character (or indeed Dennis himself), but the void left by Tim Vine just had to be filled somehow. It simply didn't work without another character for Lee to trade one-liners with.

I saw last night's and thought it was much better than the 1st 2 in the series, which is all I've seen. It couldn't have been a more generic sit com plot if the boss had come round to dinner, but that didn't really matter, it was nice and tight and easy to watch.

A rather mixed bag for me I thought; the past two series for me haven't been fantastic but I still watch each week as they are still quite funny and do help pass away 30 minutes of easy viewing quite nicely.

Looking forward to the "finale" Christmas Special.

So-so for me, and jokes being telegraphed.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th December 2014, 9:23 AM GMT

So-so for me, and jokes being telegraphed.

That.

I never was a big fan of the show, it's not exactly Fawlty Towers. But it was a "good way of spending 30 minutes". Earlier series (1-5) had a certain class to them, but the last two were pretty childish at times.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 7th December 2014, 10:56 AM GMT

That.

I never was a big fan of the show, it's not exactly Fawlty Towers. But it was a "good way of spending 30 minutes". Earlier series (1-5) had a certain class to them, but the last two were pretty childish at times.

;)

But hang on a minute Gordon - how is it you can watch this but not Pointless? :S

Am I missing summat?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th December 2014, 11:32 AM GMT

;)

But hang on a minute Gordon - how is it you can watch this but not Pointless? :S

Am I missing summat?

I can watch BBC (and ITV and C4...)...I just can't use iPlayer.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 7th December 2014, 11:39 AM GMT

I can watch BBC (and ITV and C4...)...I just can't use iPlayer.

Errrr, OK but you have left me in suspenders - so why can't you watch Pointless?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th December 2014, 11:49 AM GMT

Errrr, OK but you have left me in suspenders - so why can't you watch Pointless?

I just couldn't watch the link you posted (iPlayer!). So, I'll never be able to watch the episode with the Switzerland question.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 7th December 2014, 11:59 AM GMT

I just couldn't watch the link you posted (iPlayer!). So, I'll never be able to watch the episode with the Switzerland question.

Ahhh........gotcha.

Don't worry, Gordon. You're really not missing anything!

I really enjoyed Friday's episode - I thought it was cleverly set up and the misunderstanding at the party with Lucy and the restaurant manager was very funny. :)

Quote: Agnostik @ 6th December 2014, 4:59 AM GMT

but the void left by Tim Vine just had to be filled somehow. It simply didn't work without another character for Lee to trade one-liners with.

So wouldn't it be easier just to write a sitcom? This has never been a proper sitcom and shouldn't be continually stopping a real sitcom getting its chance. Mack's ego is even huger than I thought if he insists in dragging out this skinny disguise of his one man show.