Not Going Out - Series 7 Page 13

I liked the last episode as I thought it was well planned out to compromise Lee at every turn.

I went to see the episode "Lucy" and you definitely can't miss it!

From what I've seen on this website Mrs Browns Boys could be ending in its TV form.

So the BBC has lost Miranda and possibly Mrs Browns Boys and possibly Not Going Out (although I'm praying it comes back for an 8th series).

Quote: Bonzo @ 8th December 2014, 8:37 AM GMT

I really enjoyed Friday's episode - I thought it was cleverly set up and the misunderstanding at the party with Lucy and the restaurant manager was very funny. :)

Very contrived misunderstanding in my view. Let's see how many one-liners we can get in each sketch - 'cos that's what it feels like sometimes.

Quote: Luke Frost @ 8th December 2014, 4:14 PM GMT

I liked the last episode as I thought it was well planned out to compromise Lee at every turn.

Wonderfully constructed farce.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th December 2014, 4:54 PM GMT

Very contrived misunderstanding in my view. Let's see how many one-liners we can get in each sketch - 'cos that's what it feels like sometimes.

Yes but it's still very funny.

I watched last Friday's (5th, for those of you who insist that the most recent Friday is "this Friday") whilst eating my dinner earlier this evening

At several points I was laughing so much I was in serious danger choking on something :D

Takes a lot for me to put pen to paper or finger to iPad but Lee Mack's Not Going Out is currently bowling me over.
True there has been a few week episodes but the current scripts are a gag a minute brill material.
We are now edging towards Fawlty Towers standards.

Quote: John Dixon @ 9th December 2014, 6:40 PM GMT

I.............think not. >_<

Quote: John Dixon @ 9th December 2014, 6:40 PM GMT

Are you from Barcelona?

I think were I Lee, I'd not have been so concerned about the man with the gun, as with the fact the pilot of the plane was very clearly his neighbour putting on an accent!*

*And a weird Scottish / Eastern European hybrid accent at that...

Quote: ACUSmember @ 13th December 2014, 2:45 AM GMT

I think were I Lee, I'd not have been so concerned about the man with the gun, as with the fact the pilot of the plane was very clearly his neighbour putting on an accent!*

I thought that drew from the story and fully expected to see Hugh Dennis as the pilot . . .

Ditto.

...with the fact the pilot of the plane was very clearly his neighbour...

Even I have spotted that and I haven't seen Hugh Dennis in a lot of things.
Was that an in-joke or is the the BBC obliged to give Dennis any paid job he wants?

...putting on an accent!*

Reminded me of one of my favourite Fawlty Towers quotes:

Basil: "It's a sort of a Japo-Scandinavian imitation veal substitute..." :D

I assume there either wasn't enough time to book another guest for the part of the captain, or it wasn't felt to be worth it for such a short voiceover part, and so it went to a semi-regular who wasn't in that episode.

Quote: cwickham @ 14th December 2014, 7:18 PM GMT

I assume there either wasn't enough time to book another guest for the part of the captain, or it wasn't felt to be worth it for such a short voiceover part, and so it went to a semi-regular who wasn't in that episode.

I went to the recording and they basically said that it wasn't worth hiring someone to do it and assuming Hugh Dennis can do voices they went with him. It saved them some hassle I suppose.

Quote: ErinT @ 14th December 2014, 7:56 PM GMT

I went to the recording and they basically said that it wasn't worth hiring someone to do it and assuming Hugh Dennis can do voices they went with him. It saved them some hassle I suppose.

How did they record it in front of an audience? Was the plane just a set or was it shown on a screen or something?