Goodnight Sweetheart Page 17

Quote: Aaron @ 7th July 2016, 4:25 PM BST

That's how it currently stands.

I would say a full series is almost guaranteed though.

I am getting too excited now by this. I know Birds Of A Feather got a new series on ITV after the BBC rejected the idea so my only concern is the BBC, and whether they would order a full series.

That's good news!

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/goodnight-sweetheart-nicholas-lyndhurst_uk_577bdc9fe4b0c94608019823

According to this headline, it's on for an hour. Can anyone here confirm this? (Aaron?)

I'm unbelievably excited!

However, thrilled as I am, I do have a slightly cynical take on this: The BBC needed to bring back a popular sitcom as a hook for their Landmark Sitcom Season and this was one of the only ones in which the cast are still alive. Red Dwarf is on Dave, Birds of a Feather is on ITV, and Open All Hours has already returned. The only other possibles could plausibly have been The Brittas Empire or One Foot in the Grave (and Richard Wilson would be difficult to convince). I would dearly love another series, but I doubt the incentive would be there beyond this sitcom season thing. On the other hand, if the ratings are good...

Quote: comical masterpiece @ 7th July 2016, 8:02 PM BST

I am getting too excited now by this. I know Birds Of A Feather got a new series on ITV after the BBC rejected the idea so my only concern is the BBC, and whether they would order a full series.

Quite an embarrassment for the BBC. They won't make the same mistake twice. If the audience tune in, a series will follow.

Quote: Dave @ 7th July 2016, 9:34 PM BST

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/goodnight-sweetheart-nicholas-lyndhurst_uk_577bdc9fe4b0c94608019823

According to this headline, it's on for an hour. Can anyone here confirm this? (Aaron?)

It's not. They have completely made that up. The writers have told me that it's just a half hour show at the moment.

Really, Huffington Post indeed.

I've been watching the repeats on Forces TV for the last couple of weeks, so was thrilled to hear that there's a special on the way!

Quote: Aaron @ 7th July 2016, 11:06 PM BST

Quite an embarrassment for the BBC. They won't make the same mistake twice. If the audience tune in, a series will follow.

It's not. They have completely made that up. The writers have told me that it's just a half hour show at the moment.

Really, Huffington Post indeed.

Half an hour seems very brief. They've got to explain what Gary's been up to, how he finds his way into the present and develop things from there. But then, I suppose they had a lot to convey in the very first episode in 1993.

I think 40 minutes would be preferable, myself.

In any case, the biggest news - in my view - all year, Brexit be damned!

a half hour episode will do as long as they get a full series. God I hope they don't go the other way and Gary gets stuck in the present. Is Dervla Kirwin doing it or Elizabeth Carling,i suppose it will be Elizabeth Carling but I preferred Dervla Kirwin.

What is it about Dervla Kirwan? I could never see the appeal.

Quote: Chappers @ 8th July 2016, 7:52 PM BST

I liked her more than the second Phoebe.

Quote: Chappers @ 8th July 2016, 7:52 PM BST

I don't know if it was because she was the first Phoebe or what but it's the same for Michelle Holmes, I liked her better than Emma Amos.

Dervla Kirwan had a bewitching 1940s beauty, as though she really was from that era.

I finished watching the first series yesterday and really enjoyed it! The connected storyline throughout the series made it entertaining to watch. Nicholas L is brilliant in this.

Nope - I'm sorry. I always found the replacement women much more attractive.

Quote: Dave @ 9th July 2016, 12:01 PM BST

Dervla Kirwan had a bewitching 1940s beauty, as though she really was from that era.

Like your granny you mean?

Quote: Chappers @ 9th July 2016, 5:31 PM BST

Nope - I'm sorry. I always found the replacement women much more attractive.

Like your granny you mean?

How can you be a granny at 25? Because that's how old Phoebe was in series one.

Quote: Dave @ 9th July 2016, 5:55 PM BST

How can you be a granny at 25? Because that's how old Phoebe was in series one.

25 in 1940 whatever.

It seems like you have a thing for (much) older women.