Goodnight Sweetheart Page 20

Quote: alan1967 @ 2nd September 2016, 9:55 PM

I loved it i hope the BBC gives it a full series it has a load of potential.

Not sure about a full series but I would have liked to watch an hour long special. So basically THIS with a bit more story.

Thing is i fully expect the ratings to be decent for this show and surely the BBC will give it a full series like they did with Still open all hours.Who would have thought Still open all hours would be on its 3rd series.

Really, really enjoyed that. I properly cackled with laughter on many occasions. Praying for a full series commission.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 2nd September 2016, 9:18 PM

Wow, Ron has changed a lot, I wouldn't have recognised him.

Stupid laugh track.

Not a laugh track, a live audience.

Quote: Aaron @ 2nd September 2016, 10:20 PM

Really, really enjoyed that. I properly cackled with laughter on many occasions. Praying for a full series commission.

How long does it normally take for the BBC to give a show the go ahead for a full series?

Quote: alan1967 @ 2nd September 2016, 10:43 PM

How long does it normally take for the BBC to give a show the go ahead for a full series?

There is no 'normal'. In the case of all these specials, they're just that, not formally pilots; but the BBC will consider commissions if the audience response is positive enough. I also know that all of the writers would love to make full series of their respective programmes.

Quote: billwill @ 2nd September 2016, 10:42 PM

Not a laugh track, a live audience.

Really? It did sound a bit odd to me at times.

How about Porridge and AYBS? All with live audience as well? Does anybody know?

Quote: Aaron @ 2nd September 2016, 10:58 PM

There is no 'normal'. In the case of all these specials, they're just that, not formally pilots; but the BBC will consider commissions if the audience response is positive enough. I also know that all of the writers would love to make full series of their respective programmes.

By the reaction on twitter it's getting very good feedback.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 2nd September 2016, 11:06 PM

Really? It did sound a bit odd to me at times.

How about Porridge and AYBS? All with live audience as well? Does anybody know?

Yes. All with live audiences. Canned laughter is an urban myth: I'm only aware of one British sitcom that has a completely fake laughter track.

No emotion at the hospital when he met his dad. Poor writing or did I miss something?

It was brilliant! Loved it!

Quote: don rushmore @ 2nd September 2016, 11:39 PM

No emotion at the hospital when he met his dad. Poor writing or did I miss something?

What did you expect? He went there knowing specifically what he was going to do, who he was likely to meet. And he's not exactly new to the time-travelling lark, even if he is a little rusty. They could've put in some more element of, I suppose, trepidation, at actually being there and meeting him, but I think it worked perfectly well as was.

This was alright

Didn't detract from the original ending
Had some good funny bits

But if I was Gary Sparrow, I'd have gone back in time to when Dervla Kirwan was my wife.

Sorry. I need to move on to the Who do You fancy? thread.

Quote: Aaron @ 3rd September 2016, 12:03 AM

What did you expect? He went there knowing specifically what he was going to do, who he was likely to meet. And he's not exactly new to the time-travelling lark, even if he is a little rusty. They could've put in some more element of, I suppose, trepidation, at actually being there and meeting him, but I think it worked perfectly well as was.

Gary hadn't seen his dad for at least 16 years, maybe decades, but treated him like you or I might treat a stranger on the train. Utter tosh.

Enjoyed the rest.

It was okay, although not very funny but I enjoyed the premise. Nostalgia boxes ticked. I also liked the perspective of someone from the 90s seeing the world of today, as so much has changed in so little time.

Wasn't impressed by the new theme tune, however it made sense in the end.