- 1993 - 2016
- BBC One
- 59 (6 series)
- Nicholas Lyndhurst, Dervla Kirwan, Elizabeth Carling, Michelle Holmes, Emma Amos, Christopher Ettridge, Victor McGuire, David Ryall and David Benson
- Maurice Gran, Laurence Marks, Gary Lawson, John Phelps, Sam Lawrence, Geoff Rowley, Paul Makin, Micheál Jacob and Victoria Grew
- Robin Nash, Terry Kinane and Nic Phillips
- John Bartlett, Nic Phillips, Allan McKeown and Claire Hinson
Whilst walking around the East End of London, television repairman Gary Sparrow is transported back in time to 1940, although he doesn't immediately realise it. When Gary discovers that he can travel between the 1990s and the 1940s at will, he quickly - and a little unwittingly - develops a double life and begins committing adultery.
Whilst he has a family in the 1940s, he still has a wife in the 1990s so he continues to live both lives with the help of best friend Ron. However, when the time comes to choose, will he go for wife, or wife and child?
- Part of
- Camera set-up
- First broadcast
- Thursday 18th November 1993 at 8:30pm on BBC One
- Most recent repeats
- Teddington Studios