Not Going Out - Series 6 Page 13

Cheaper at Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B007R49NPA/comedyguide-21/

It is worth the money I am considering buying the box set my self. However I might wait for the series 1 to 6 box set come out.

Quote: GregorysGirl @ April 21 2013, 4:23 AM BST

@Dene Kernohan,
As for a new character to replace Tim....well, I will reserve judgment on that until I see what type of character they have seen fit to introduce!

Perhaps Tim Downie should play Daisy's NHS psychiatrist.

Quote: David Smith @ April 21 2013, 10:15 PM BST

It is worth the money I am considering buying the box set my self. However I might wait for the series 1 to 6 box set come out.

I'm waiting for Blu-rays.

Quote: David Smith @ April 21 2013, 10:15 PM BST

Remember...they commissioned a 7th series!

Quote: Nil Putters @ April 21 2013, 10:15 PM BST

Cheaper at Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B007R49NPA/comedyguide-21/

Not necessarily for me. First, when I ordered mine at Play.com it was about 5 euros cheaper than it is now and second I don't pay postal charges as I'd have to at Amazon.

Quote: Aaron @ April 22 2013, 12:12 AM BST

I'm waiting for Blu-rays.

You'll never see them!

Mrs. Brown's Boys came out on Blu-rays Greg :)

If they can't find another studio they won't be a Series 7 apparently.

Quote: David Smith @ April 22 2013, 8:53 PM BST

As only 2 of the 6 series have filmed at BBC Television Centre - NOT including this current one - I don't think that will be much of a problem.

Quote: lofthouse @ April 20 2013, 1:50 PM BST

If Tim Vine couldn't do it, why not just create a new 'mate' for Lee to hang out with

A new neighbour or something

Lee and just the two girls just feels empty

I agree. An obvious choice would be Milton Jones, as not only has he written additional gags for the show before, but he would also bring a similar style of dazed confusion and bad puns as Tim Vine did.

I've always found this to be a bit of a 'meh' sitcom, not good enough or bad enough for me to feel like I need to express an opinion on it, but I have quite liked the current series a bit more - well, the episode about the rabbit, at least. I still feel like I don't care for Lee Mack much, but he somehow seems less objectionable when he's in a scene with just the two female characters. Maybe I like it better without Tim Vine. I still hate those cuts where they play a trumpet and show you a bit of London, though. I don't need them because unless everyone on the show is talking Scouse or Yorkshire, I always assume things are happening in London anyway. :)

Quote: David Smith @ April 22 2013, 8:53 PM BST

Mrs. Brown's Boys came out on Blu-rays Greg :)

Yes but NGO has never been released on Blu-ray since the start so never will be and they will just use Teddington Studios for series 7 as they did for Series 6.

What about 'Big' Howard Read as a new sidekick for Lee?

No NGO tonight! Sod you Master chef!

Quote: Basil Rathbon @ April 23 2013, 1:21 PM BST

I agree. An obvious choice would be Milton Jones, as not only has he written additional gags for the show before, but he would also bring a similar style of dazed confusion and bad puns as Tim Vine did.

I really like that idea, but I can't see it happening. He'd be more likely to highlight just how weak Mack is.

Quote: G180e @ April 26 2013, 6:24 PM BST

Sod you Master chef!

Hey, be nice to David Smith! ;)