Not Going Out - Series 6 Page 17

Not one of the strongest episodes, but I very much enjoyed it and laughed a lot.

Wasn't impressed with last night's episode, though my parents liked it. I thought the little girl was quite a good actress, for her age. Usually child actors are quite wooden.

I liked the first three or so episodes this series, but it seems the plots are getting thinner.

Is that Paul Kaye's single persona nowadays?

Having that is seen him in an advert, last night and a couple of things years ago. So, um, I've not really noticed how he usually appears

There is a big Tim Vine shaped hole in this series. As much as I think it's a clumsy device, I really think they should have brought in a new character who could fill the gap. Bill Bailey as a new neighbour who ends up being mates with Lee or something.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ May 26 2013, 2:57 PM BST

There is a big Tim Vine shaped hole in this series. As much as I think it's a clumsy device, I really think they should have brought in a new character who could fill the gap. Bill Bailey as a new neighbour who ends up being mates with Lee or something.

That would have been better, I miss Tim and I'm afraid it just isn't as good without him. Although I would love to see Lee Mack and Bill Bailey in that scenario.

I miss Tim too, do you think he will return in Series 7 or has he left forever?

He has left forever. Not to sound dismissive of his previous presence, but I don't miss him at all. This has been a great series for me.

And Me I Have Loved This Series.

Quote: Aaron @ May 26 2013, 10:24 PM BST

He has left forever. Not to sound dismissive of his previous presence, but I don't miss him at all. This has been a great series for me.

Well, I think it's been a terrible series compared to the past five. The storylines are weak and the episodes are quite unfunny. I was a big NGO fan but I may not tune into the next series and I'm sure there are others that would agree with me.

And many that wouldn't. :)

Quote: Aaron @ May 27 2013, 12:15 PM BST

And many that wouldn't. :)

Yes but it's all down to personal opinion at the end of the day.

I still have have my initial complaints: wooden performance by the main ators and cheap looking sets and sloppy directing.

Apart from that, I found the episodes perfectly pleasant and funny. And best of all: I still have the first five series to watch (box still wrapped); so series 6 was my first; and from what I read in this thread, the earlier series are better. Lucky me. Cool :P

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ May 27 2013, 12:58 PM BST

cheap looking sets

?!!?! Really? You think that looks cheap?!

Quote: Aaron @ May 27 2013, 1:00 PM BST

?!!?! Really? You think that looks cheap?!

I think the flat looks real... It's just the Series 6 writing I'm worried about.

I watched Friday's episode with my six-year-old nephew. He loved it.

I thought it was the best episode of the series so far. Possibly because it steered clear of the creepy Lee-Sally relationship. I also laughed a few times.