Inside No. 9 - Series 1 Page 9

Just watched it,thoroughly enjoyed and not the end I expected! Excellent!!

Another solid episode to add to the previous two crackers.

Kept me in suspenders till the end.

Very enjoyable. Not funny in the least, of course, but that's not important. I predicted the end, but that doesn't matter either.

Couldn't be arsed with the online thingy though.

Great stuff in the latest episode. Reece and Steve at their very best in it.

Quote: ScotiaNova @ 13th February 2014, 4:08 AM GMT

Loved the show, biggest LOL had to be opening the patio door to let the wee mutt out and the giant wolf coming in . . .

Which I think the cretin announcer, having already seen it, tried to spoil in the introduction . . . "Watch out for the bit with the dogs" . . . or somesuch, can't recall specifics, but certainly mention their favourite canine bit during the intro to the show . . .

Quote: gappy @ 20th February 2014, 8:26 PM GMT

Very enjoyable. Not funny in the least, of course, but that's not important.

I laughed several times. At the Body Shop bit, for example.

Quote: ScotiaNova @ 21st February 2014, 2:22 AM GMT

Which I think the cretin announcer, having already seen it, tried to spoil in the introduction . . . "Watch out for the bit with the dogs" . . . or somesuch, can't recall specifics, but certainly mention their favourite canine bit during the intro to the show . . .

:O
What an annoying bastard!

I'm not sure I laughed much last night. The odd snigger perhaps, but it would have been a weaker piece if they had packed it full of gags. The disturbing, creepy atmosphere they created was genuinely affecting and is what makes TV special.

Quote: ScotiaNova @ 21st February 2014, 2:22 AM GMT

Wow, having an announcer drop spoilers on the show that's about to start, that's... something.

"Coming up next, Midsomer Murders- THE BUTLER DID IT"

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-balloon-containing-the-breath-of-Steve-Pemberton-for-Give-it-Up-/251451247283?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3a8ba98ab3

Anyone?

Quote: Raymond Terrific @ 22nd February 2014, 12:27 PM GMT

Wow, having an announcer drop spoilers on the show that's about to start, that's... something.

I can't remember it exactly, I just thought it was odd that she specifically mentioned to watch out for the thing with the dog that stuck in my mind . . .

Quote: Raymond Terrific @ 22nd February 2014, 12:27 PM GMT

It was a sight gag, not a major plot point. If they'd crammed more jokes into the show then it wouldn't have mattered. As spoilers go it's hardly worth mentioning and these cries of 'the show was ruined!' seem somewhat petty.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 22nd February 2014, 1:29 PM GMT

and these cries of 'the show was ruined!' seem somewhat petty.

Lucky no one said that then!

Yeah, I was just kinda amused by the whole idea of the announcer dropping spoilers.

Quote: zooo @ 22nd February 2014, 1:47 PM GMT

Lucky no one said that then!

As I said the actual Dog gag was unexpected and hilarious, but there was now the expectation of a dog gag most likely involving the wee terrier.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 22nd February 2014, 1:29 PM GMT

It was a sight gag, not a major plot point. If they'd crammed more jokes into the show then it wouldn't have mattered. As spoilers go it's hardly worth mentioning and these cries of 'the show was ruined!' seem somewhat petty.

More jokes?

That episode contained loads of "jokes", in fact I laughed out loud about 4 or 5 times and chuckled to myself about a dozen times, which is more in 28 minutes than some entire comedy series manage to elicit.

Personally, as someone who's a bit of a joke addict, I thought it was crammed full of gags.