Inside No. 9 - Series 1 Page 4

Is this repeated at all or am I going to have to iPlayer it?

Avoided all trailers and clips . . . loved it, and Tim Key was particularly good . . .

Quote: Tony Cowards @ 6th February 2014, 11:39 AM GMT

Is this repeated at all or am I going to have to iPlayer it?

No repeats are scheduled according to our guide.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 6th February 2014, 8:54 AM GMT

Still thinking about this. How often does that happen with a comedy? If the rest of the episodes are up to that standard, we're in for a rare treat.

I am in agreement with you Matthew; I thought that it was excellent and am still ruminating over it today.

They never repeat the good shows during the week! It's so annoying.

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ 6th February 2014, 12:08 AM GMT

Reece Shearsmith camping it up in a wig firing out double entendre after double entendre felt cheap and easy

I agree that character was a little too broadly sketched, and detracted fro some of the subtler performances, but I thought the whole piece was superb overall, a great mixture of gags, tension, and the kind of old-fashioned highly stylised TV drama writing it clearly homages (I was going to write "pastiches", but I think it's too close in intention for that, and all the better for it).

Looking forward to the 'silent' episode. A brave and interesting approach.

Quote: sootyj @ 6th February 2014, 12:22 AM GMT

It was very reminiscent of Tales of the Unexpected.

Shearsmith and Pemberton have openly acknowledged the influence.

I wouldn't know about that, I can't read and don't listen to the television or listen to the radio.

Quote: Mark @ 6th February 2014, 9:42 AM GMT

Whether or not you liked this week's (although I hope everyone does) it is worth noting next week's is completely different in tone, style and story... it's one of the best half hours of television I've seen in ages, so don't miss it. More details and preview clips in our guide:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/inside_no_9/episodes/1/2/

You said the same thing about episode 2 of Big Top

Kayvan Novak is in it as well...result.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 6th February 2014, 10:18 PM GMT

Kayvan Novak is in it as well...result.

Who's she?

Fonejacker boyo.

I enjoyed it in a kind of nostalgic way. It was certainly full of characters from days gone by, with only modern references to mobile phones and IT indicating any kind of time and place.

Great sense of awkwardness, claustrophobia and atmosphere, but it all felt a bit 'off' due to the idiosyncratically old fashioned premise. 'She thinks she's a guest and not a servant' clashed heavily with taking selfies for Facebook.

Not that I'm singling out this programme for the kind wholesale theft of the past that British television drama does almost constantly. Just that I was expecting something a bit more leftfield and original from the talent involved. I dunno, maybe I'm just getting tired of the BBC repackaging yesteryear as brand new material and fencing it off to the unwitting punters.

I'm sure there are people out there who still think it's 1948, it's just that I've never met any of them. Maybe it's a class thing.

Watching this episode for a second time, it was even better. Very interesting to watch Tim Key's reaction's in the background of some bits.