Inside No. 9 - Series 1 Page 5

That was fantastic. Brilliant characters, subtle tension and a great twist at the end. I loved it.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 7th February 2014, 10:52 PM GMT

Watching this episode for a second time, it was even better. Very interesting to watch Tim Key's reaction's in the background of some bits.

Completely agree. Watched it a 2nd time for that reason.

Also thought Shearsmith's character was so loud and camp to highlight his partner's intimacy issues, given he was back in 'that' room.

Can't wait for tonight's episode.

Well Episode 2 was a lot better. Lots of Laugh Out Louds. Loved it!

Excellent episode tonight. Plenty of funny bits and wonderfully directed. Another good twist as well.

Loving these. The old silent movie feel with the incidental music playing in the background and the slapstick made for a very funny half hour. Another great twist at the end too though what the heck were they trying to steal?? Wished they hadn't murdered the poor dog though.

This episode actually got better as it went along. I nearly gave up early on because of the irritating Laurel and Hardy / Mr. Bean vibe but as it got a bit darker, it got more interesting.

It's a crime against babe-ery to suggest Oona Chaplin was a bloke, but the inflatable tranny under the bed gag balanced that out. The best gags finally happened when Kayvan Novak showed up, he really is quality.

However, the real star of the show was the house, I was expecting Kevin McCloud to pop out to tell us how much they overspent on the sliding windows.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 12th February 2014, 10:49 PM GMT

Wished they hadn't murdered the poor dog though.

Bit of a hackneyed gag that one.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 12th February 2014, 10:49 PM GMT

This episode actually got better as it went along. I nearly gave up early on because of the irritating Laurel and Hardy / Mr. Bean vibe

Ha. exactly what I liked about it!

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 12th February 2014, 10:50 PM GMT

However, the real star of the show was the house, I was expecting Kevin McCloud to pop out to tell us how much they overspent on the sliding windows.

:D

The soup looked nice though. I hate it when people don't finish their food on programmes, why is it always just as they are tucking in the doorbell goes or the dog starts barking madly, eat the bloody food already!

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 12th February 2014, 10:55 PM GMT

The soup looked nice though. I hate it when people don't finish their food on programmes, why is it always just as they are tucking in the doorbell goes or the dog starts barking madly, eat the bloody food already!

Or when someone shows up with a lovely fresh pizza, but the person they've come to visit is a crying mess, so they just put it to one side to go cold.

'I can't believe Jonah is not coming back...boo, hoo, hoo'

'Ooh free garlic bread...did you say something? Nom, nom, nom'

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 12th February 2014, 10:55 PM GMT

There you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tezjznL9NzM

Shite!

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 12th February 2014, 10:49 PM GMT

Loving these. The old silent movie feel with the incidental music playing in the background and the slapstick made for a very funny half hour. Another great twist at the end too though what the heck were they trying to steal?? Wished they hadn't murdered the poor dog though.

Hope those Yanks who complained about Doc Martin weren't watching!

Episode two was thoroughly enjoyable throughout, had lots of laughs and a great twist. The complete opposite of episode one really :P

Loved the show, biggest LOL had to be opening the patio door to let the wee mutt out and the giant wolf coming in . . .

Quote: Charlie Boy @ 12th February 2014, 11:26 PM GMT

Shite!

Rolling eyes

Quote: ScotiaNova @ 13th February 2014, 4:08 AM GMT

Loved the show, biggest LOL had to be opening the patio door to let the wee mutt out and the giant wolf coming in . . .

Indeed.

Quote: ScotiaNova @ 13th February 2014, 4:08 AM GMT

Yep, that was my favourite bit too.