Inside No. 9 - Series 1 Page 10

Only seen Episodes 1 & 2 thus far. Thought Episode 2 was particularly good.

Overall enjoying the series, although I agree with some of the criticism here too. It can feel a bit self-conscious, and also I'm finding the 'dark' bits often take me out of the comedy vibe without giving any credible drama back. Enough with the sinister nursery-rhyme music already.

The 2nd one was my favourite, despite the silent thing feeling gimmicky, the first one just annoyed me, and the third one felt frankly dull for the first half. In fact, I would have given up on it were it not for the fact that I trusted them to pull off an interesting ending; which they succeeded in doing.

This was very funny. Lots of sick gags!

Another good yarn this evening, these are very reminiscent of the old Hammer House Of Horror / Tales Of The Unexpected from the 80s. Better balance of jokes with the dark premise this week.

Would have been nice if they'd emphasised the singer 'going up to heaven' more, the motivation from Tam-Tam would have been clearer.

Great performance from the other Tam-Tam as the cynical make a wish lady and was a little distracted by Pemberton who's obviously been on the Slim Fast.

I felt tonight's episode was another decent story, but didn't have a real twist in the tail.

It didn't need a twist. It was just funny - although young Tamsin letting the balloon float up into the sky was a bit unexpected.

Also liked the Tasmin/Tamsin joke.

Just watched episode 3 - disappointed and def. not as good as first two for me - where was Reece?

Good joke about Tamsin Greig being Switzerland (neutral) then...........otherwise. Hum. The tension as to whether the balloon would pop was quite good too come to think about it.

So far, second one was the best for me - still chuckle over it.

I thought that was fantastic. Good jokes, dark turns, excellent plot and tension, great performances. Alright, the kid was written a little too over-sweet, perhaps, but overall, I loved it. I thought the bits with the camcorder at the start were a really ingenuious way of building the characters, and meant they didn't have to write the actual make-a-wish scenes, because they might have over-balanced the whole thing.

Best of the 4 for me.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th February 2014, 8:04 PM GMT

Just watched episode 3 - disappointed and def. not as good as first two for me - where was Reece?

Good joke about Tamsin Greig being Switzerland (neutral) then...........otherwise. Hum. The tension as to whether the balloon would pop was quite good too come to think about it.

So far, second one was the best for me - still chuckle over it.

You watched episode 4. Episode 3 was with the tramp staying at the guy's house.

I have to agree this didn't have as strong a twist as I was expecting, and the resolution didn't feel complete. But the premise just by itself was hilarious, simply because of how horrible and ridiculous it was.

Quote: Raymond Terrific @ 27th February 2014, 8:32 PM GMT

You watched episode 4. Episode 3 was with the tramp staying at the guy's house.

I have to agree this didn't have as strong a twist as I was expecting, and the resolution didn't feel complete. But the premise just by itself was hilarious, simply because of how horrible and ridiculous it was.

I stand corrected, thank you - I had forgotten the tramp episode last week.

I wonder if episode 5 will have Reece and no Steve?

I found this one disappointing. The relationships between the characters seemed to alter without good reason, one minute they were fighting and then unaccountably all friendly again, plus the whole murder thing didn't lead to anything at all. I hoped there might be something at the end to partially redeem it all, but no, it just ended.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 27th February 2014, 10:24 PM GMT

I wonder if episode 5 will have Reece and no Steve?

Reece says that that's episode 6 . . .

Quote: Nogget @ 28th February 2014, 9:54 AM GMT

I found this one disappointing. The relationships between the characters seemed to alter without good reason, one minute they were fighting and then unaccountably all friendly again, plus the whole murder thing didn't lead to anything at all. I hoped there might be something at the end to partially redeem it all, but no, it just ended.

Amen to that......

Wasn't really sure what to make of tonight's episode. Liked the gory flash forwards, but the ending didn't really satisfy me that much. The switcheroo ending thing felt a bit similar to the superior tramp episode.