The all in one consolidated tennis thread Page 4

Yikes.

Extremely.

The woman playing now is making some REALLY strange noises.

Quote: zooo @ June 28 2011, 4:11 PM BST

The woman playing now is making some REALLY strange noises.

Was that Sharapova?

I really couldn't see that anyone would genuinely make a noise like that without meaning to distract your opponent.

Yes, I think it was her. Ridiculous racket.
(Ha, a pun.)

Yup. Had the radio on and heard the comment- 'You know which players are on the practise courts by the grunting.'

But as Mascha has just signed a $70 million deal with Nike, I don't think the noise puts the sponsors off.

I think it's ungallant to dram attention to a woman's grunting and want no part of it.

This one wasn't really grunting, it was like WooOOOOOOOoooooow!

She's mental.

Yes well she's a woman isn't she. Haven't met one yet that isn't. :)

I heard someone explain once that noises in physical acivity may be a diaphram thing, and this explains why many more females than males make noises during sport, as it's narrower and more closely connected to the muscles that move.

In evolutionary terms, women have needed to be more vocal when in danger or duress, and men haven't. I don't know why, in that case, that some women make a lot of noise and others are as quiet as a mouse during er, oh yes, tennis, as I thought they'd all be at it. But nature is still a strange old thing.

What the heck is Judy Murray doing on Twitter?

By all means have a personal account, but does the world really need to hear her ramblings?

And she's got 12,000 followers.

Wat.

Quote: TopBanana @ June 30 2011, 4:41 PM BST

By all means have a personal account, but does the world really need to hear her ramblings?

So have an account, but don't.

?

I haven't seen a single second of Wimbledon yet. Just heard a few snatches on Radio 5. Will probably watch a bit of the men's final.

Wat.

She's got a personal account?

Her son's certainly a count (hang on, did I spell that correctly).

Wat.

Isn't that what Twitter is all about? People talking bollocks in X number of characters and nobody with any sense really gives a toss. Talk about the Pied Piper!

By the way - is she divorced?

Quote: Chappers @ June 30 2011, 10:40 PM BST

Isn't that what Twitter is all about? People talking bollocks in X number of characters and nobody with any sense really gives a toss. Talk about the Pied Piper!

By the way - is she divorced?

Yes. Extremely acrimonously. But there appears to be a partner. And of course she is slightly keen on that Lopez guy.