That Friday Quiz Page 164

3. Garlic
17. Funnyfits

4 Jill Richardson

6 Boot

19. The Golden Girls

16. 6

20 Footman Valet

Well I don't see the connection with how the question is set - if he'd been a White Capped Question Checker maybe :P, but..........

13 is a Redstart

2 Andre Rieu

I know 10, 11 & 14 but I'll go for

7 Glenn Hoddle & Glenn Miller

Quote: Chappers @ 24th October 2015, 7:39 PM BST

Andre Rieu

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 22nd October 2015, 9:25 PM BST

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 24th October 2015, 7:45 PM BST

Ha! Just answering the question!

Have we got one this week steve?

Yeah Steve, get yer finger out - George is champing at the bit.

Friday Quiz July 24th 2015
1. An American, an Australian and a South African. The finale of which recent sporting event? The Open Golf Championship
2. A concert by which artist, relayed to UK cinemas, set a new box-office takings record last week? Andre Rieu
3. Which food is traditionally used to ward off vampires? Garlic
4. Name the long-running soap character. Jill Richardson / Chance from Crossroads

5. Which English town has a tall church tower called a 'stump'? Boston
6. Which Jesse founded a pharmacy chain? Jesse Boot
7. Which former England football manager was named after an ill-fated bandleader? Glenn Hoddle (after Glenn Miller)
8. Which artist painted a picture a day for the last 70 days of his life? Vincent Van Gogh
9. What links these two pictures? Beavers and Rainbows are the youngest groups for UK Scouts / Guides (5 years+)

10. Who is his arch-enemy? Spiderman (he is the Green Goblin)
11. Which musical instrument has an inner sliding tube? Trombone
12. Which country's capital city could be translated as 'I see the mountain'?
13. This little chap was watching me set the quiz. What kind of bird is he? A redstart
14. Which singer's baby son could be heard on her 2001 album? Victoria Beckham (Brooklyn)
15. Which outdoor game is played on a grass area known as a rink? Bowls
16. How many celebrity panelists were there on each edition of 'Blankety Blank'? Six
17. Name the game Misfits

18. Find the short hidden message from the list of words below: Congratulations code breaker! Take the first letter of the first word, and the last letter of the second word, and keep alternating. The first six letters are highlighted below

camper grotto nibble string rattle
alpaca tinker gateau leaden amoeba
tipple muesli oblong soften sticky
ironic ordeal farted effing adverb
raffle zombie amoral anorak emblem
gather

19. What connects these pictures: The Golden Girls (Blanche, Dorothy, Sophia and Rose)

20. Unscramble the two words : A A E F L M N O O T T V FOOTMAN & VALET
Uruguay (Montevideo)

Keep on Rocking!

1. Dr. Dre

9. Stupid children? (Frank "Stupid Boy" Pike and the song "Stupid Girl" by Garbage)