That Friday Quiz Page 162

1. Cuba

Quote: reds @ 18th September 2015, 1:29 PM BST

1. Cuba

Gordon's already answered that one. ;)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th September 2015, 3:41 PM BST

Gordon's already answered that one. ;)

Wow. Better go get my eyes/head checked. I actually looked over the replies twice to check if anyone had answered before I posted that.

Quote: reds @ 18th September 2015, 3:59 PM BST

Wow. Better go get my eyes/head checked. I actually looked over the replies twice to check if anyone had answered before I posted that.

You're not the first - have done it myself. :$

Friday Quiz July 3rd 2015
1. A US embassy is to reopen in which country after being closed for more than 50 years? Cuba
2. "Pigs might fly" - where has one recently come to earth, narrowly avoiding serious damage? Utah - a pig-shaped hot air balloon
3. Which birds are trained to catch and retrieve fish in China? Cormorants
4. Name the film. Maleficent

5. People with what colour hair have more hairs on their head than any other? Blond(e)
6. Which Bedfordshire town used to be synonymous with hat-making? Luton
7. Which singer maintained that he did what he did for Maria? Tony Christie
8. Which English comedian was awarded the freedom of the capital city of Albania? Norman Wisdom
9. What links these two pictures? Dustin. Messrs Gee and Brown

10. Who is this? Hozier
11. What is unususal about the populations of Australia, Mongolia and New Zealand? All have more sheep than people
12. Which Alfred was an author of walkers' guidebooks? Wainwright
13. Found in the roofs of old buildings and known for their distinctive sound, what is this? Death watch beetle
14. Which ITV series of the early 2000s was billed as a British version of Will and Grace? Bob & Rose
15. Which racecourse hosts a July meeting that is always described as 'glorious'? Goodwood
16. What carnivores can smell humans up to 20 miles away? Polar bears
17. Where is this? The Welsh National Assembly

18. I live in a village with 12 houses. Each day, I get more letters than are delivered to any of the other houses. Today the postman delivered 57 letters in total. What is the smallest number of letters I could have received today? Six

19. What connects these pictures: The 5 beaches for the Normandy landings: Omaha, Utah, Juno, Gold and Sword

20. Unscramble the two words : A B C E E O P R U V Y BEAVER & COYPU

11 Harold Lloyd

16 Newfoundland

4. Last Tango In Halifax

19. Pinkies

14. Loopey Lou.

Quote: Chappers @ 24th September 2015, 8:15 PM BST

14. Loopey Lou.

That's an old friend of yours from the past......... Whistling nnocently

14 is Looby Loo

15.Traffic Wardens?

5: The Republic of San Marino

13: Cape Gooseberry

3 Milton Keynes

8 Gothic

Friday Quiz July 10th 2015
1. After nearly 20 years since it was last filmed, which popular BBC comedy series has recently announced it will return? The Brittas Empire
2. Europe is currently refusing to bailout Greece, but which territory is the USA currently refusing financial assistance to? Puerto Rico
3. Which new town in Buckinghamshire was created in the late 1960s? Milton Keynes
4. Name the programme. Last Tango in Halifax

5. Which small European country is divided up into nine castles? San Marino
6. In which soap did the pub owner marry the vicar in 2001? Emmerdale
7. What town name has a castle in North Yorkshire and a park near London? Richmond
8. Which style of architecture is distinguished by vertical lines of tall pillars, and by pointed arches? Gothic
9. What links these two pictures? Dorian (Lesley Joseph character in Birds of a Feather / Picture of Dorian Gray)

10. Who is this? Sarah and Duck
11. Which early film comedian was noted for his trademark horn-rimmed glasses and straw hat? Harold Lloyd
12. What is the name of the area of low atmospheric pressure along the equator where calm winds can suddenly produce storms? The Doldrums
13. What is this? Physalis (Cape Gooseberry)
14. Who got in a basket with Teddy and Andy Pandy? Looby Loo
15. Which law enforcers made their first appearance in London in 1960? Traffic wardens
16. Which breed of dog shares its name with a coastal region of Canada? Either Labrador or Newfoundland
17. This is a typical representation of which molecule? Ammonia - NH3

18. The local sweet shop is closing down and decided to give away its remaining chocolate bars to the 1,400 town children. To each girl they gave 6 bars, and to each boy they gave 4 bars (girls are genetically programmed to eat more chocolate). If only half the girls and three quarters of the boys in the town accepted the chocolate, how many bars were given away? (The ratio of girls to boys in the town is unknown). 4,200. (See below)

19. What connects these pictures: Pinky/ Pinkie (From Brighton Rock; Pinky Tuscadero; little finger or 'pinky'; Pinky & The Brain; Pinky & Perky (the inferior remake))

20. Unscramble the two words : A A G I I L L M M R S U U U W Z WILLIAMS & MUGURUZA

Maths logic Since each girl was offered 6 bars but only half of them accepted, on average, each of them got 3 bars. Also, since each boy was offered 4 bars and three quarters accepted, again an average boy got 3 bars. Since girls and boys got the same number of bars per person, it doesn't matter how many of each there actually are.
So, total books given away = 1400 x 3 = 4200.