4 Praying Mantis

12 Plimsoll Line

9. Mona Lisa

19. My Little Ponies.

17 Naga Munchetty

10.Wee Willie Winkie
1.Louis Tomlinson From One Direction

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 25th September 2015, 10:56 AM BST

20. Unscramble the two words : A A G I I L L M M R S U U U W Z WILLIAMS & MUGURUZA

I spent a lot of time working on that but I had no chance because I've got no idea who or what they are.

Quote: Chappers @ 29th September 2015, 9:03 PM BST

I spent a lot of time working on that but I had no chance because I've got no idea who or what they are.

This year's women's Wimbledon finalists.

Quote: JohnnyD @ 25th September 2015, 3:06 PM BST

19. My Little Ponies.

OK - well I see Applejack.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 29th September 2015, 9:05 PM BST

This year's women's Wimbledon finalists.

Thank you. Would never have got that. Working on the new one now as I was really impressed with my beaver and Coypu.

"beaver and Coypu"

Is that what you call ladies' front and back bits?

Steve have you got a quiz for us this week?

Quote: george roper @ 16th October 2015, 9:34 AM BST

Steve have you got a quiz for us this week?

Laughing out loud The old ones are the best ones.

Friday Quiz July 17th 2015
1. Which member of a boyband is an expectant father? Louis Tomlinson from One Direction
2. MPs in which country passed a law this week allowing their armed forces to fight overseas for the first time in 70 years? Japan
3. Which day of the week is named after a Roman god? Saturday
4. Name the insect. Praying Mantis

5. What city is associated with the bright green cloth traditionally worn by Robin Hood? Lincoln
6. What is the connection between the Farne Islands and eiderdowns? Eider ducks breed in the Farne Islands, and eiderdowns are traditionally stuffed with their feathers. (1/2 point for just 'duck')
7. His name in particular has become synonymous with political double dealing and intrigue. Who was he? Machiavelli
8. What name, derived from a word meaning 'common people', is given to the direct vote of the whole nation on a specific point? Plebiscite
9. What links these two pictures? Mona Lisa. Painted by Leonardo da Vinci, and Bob Hoskins starred in the film version.

10. Who is this nursery rhyme character? Wee Willie Winkie
11. Who was the first British athlete to win an Olympic gold medal in a throwing event? Tessa Sanderson
12. What is the name of the loading mark painted on the hull of merchant ships? Plimsoll Line
13. Not tiramisu, what is this traditional Italian dessert? Zabaglione / Zabaione
14. Which child's game was developed from a Filipino weapon? Yo-yo
15. Which US TV series featured a computer-generated dancing baby? Ally McBeal
16. What is the name for the visual signaling code conducted with flags? Semaphore
17. Who is this? Naga Munchetty

18. A ship left port. After it had travelled 180 km a plane started at 10 times the speed of the ship, following the same course. How far had they travelled when the plane catches the ship? 200km

19. What connects these pictures: All contain the names of fruits. (Peaches & Herb; Strawberry Switchblade; Orange Juice; Cranberries; The Applejacks)

20. Unscramble the two words : B E E E F I L N O O S T W Y Z BOYZONE & WESTLIFE

I refused to answer Question 20, (the anagram) on the grounds that I might be viewed as mentally unbalanced in knowing the answer.