That Friday Quiz Page 165

6. Ealing.

19. Emma....

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 30th October 2015, 8:37 PM GMT

Keep on Rocking!

21 Emlyn Hughes (for you Oldrocker)

7 Denier

12 Biennial
5 Chelmsford (although it is now a city)

Took a few minutes - the Z gave it away with only two vowels:-

20 BRAHMS and LISZT (slang for pissed :D )

2.Keith Lemon
17.Bobs Full House?

Quote: Nil Putters @ 30th October 2015, 9:00 PM GMT

19. Emma....

? I'm intrigued - I see Barbara Woodhouse and Bruce Willis, but can't see where Emma comes from. Can you elucidate please? :)

Emma Woodhouse, Emma Thompson, Emma Stone, Emma Willis and Emma Watson.

4. Rachel McAdams

8. Waugh (huh! yeah! what is it good for?)

Quote: Nil Putters @ 1st November 2015, 1:22 PM GMT

Emma Woodhouse, Emma Thompson, Emma Stone, Emma Willis and Emma Watson.

Thank you, would never have got that. :O

11 Michael Crawford ?

Steve have we got a quiz this week

Friday Quiz July 31st 2015
1. Which legendary US rapper and producer is about to release their first studio album for 16 years? Dr Dre
2. Which English comedian has just published their first book for children? Julian Clary
3. What is the American equivalent of British Summer Time? Daylight Saving Time
4. Who is this? Rachel McAdams

5. Which town is the administrative centre of Essex? Chelmsford
6. Which film studios in West London were renowned for their post-war comedies? Ealing
7. What unit is used to measure the fineness of yarns, as in nylon stockings? Denier
8. Which brothers played for Australia's victorious cricketers against England in the summer of 2001? Mark & Steve Waugh
9. What links these two pictures? 'Stupid boy' Private Pike from Dad's Army, and Garbage who had a hit with 'Stupid Girl'

10. What animal was this? Hare
11. Which versatile English actor took his stage name from a passing biscuit lorry? Michael Crawford
12. What is the name for a plant which completes its life cycle in two years? Biennial
13. Which river delta can be seen here? Mississippi
14. A strategic base for the German Navy in WWI once belonged to Britain for over 100 years. What was it? Heligoland
15. English took the word 'tea' from the Chinese. From which language did we take the word 'coffee'? Arabic / Turkish
16. What is the term for the state whereby two organisms live together and both derive mutual benefit from the association? Symbiosis
17. Name the TV gameshow. Wipeout

18. I am updating my French / Klingon dictionary which now has several new additions. The page numbers have a total of 333 digits. How many numbered pages does the dictionary have, and how many times does the number 3 appear? 147 pages and the number 3 appears 35 times.

19. What connects these pictures: Famous Emmas (Woodhouse; Thompson; Stone; Willis; Watson)

20. Unscramble the two words : A B H I L M R S S T Z BRAHMS & LISZT
21. Emlyn Hughes

4. Cybil
7. Blue?

9. "Roman". Hepburn and Peck in Roman Holiday and Roman Abramowich

10. Maria Callas

2. Reunion island
6.a little lamb?