That Friday Quiz Page 159

19 - Pirates (possibly)

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd August 2015, 12:02 AM BST

19 - Pirates (possibly)

I think you are right. ;)

9 Mackintosh?

11. 101 or more to win.

Friday Quiz May 8th 2015
1. Which was the first constituency to announce their results in the election yesterday? Houghton and Sunderland South (accept Sunderland)
2. Andy Murray and his opponent came within 1 minute of breaking what record in one of his matches in Madrid this week? His match against Philipp Kohlschreiber started at 01:12 am, one minute short of the latest ever start time on the ATP tour.
3. Which BBC sitcom featured a family with parents Pete and Sue and their children Jake, Ben and Karen? Out numbered
4. Who is this? Alice (from Dilbert)

5. Which European capital city was almost completely destroyed by a great earthquake in the middle of the 18th century? Lisbon
6. The main character in which TV crime drama is known for her impeccable taste in knitwear? The Killing
7. Keira Knightley played the title character in a film adaptation of which Russian literary classic? Anna Karenina
8. Which coffee shop chain is the sponsor of a major UK literary prize? Costa
9. What links these two pictures? Arabesque

10. This dog originates from which country? Hungary. It's a vizsla.
11. In the TV game show 'Bullseye', how much did players have to score in six darts in order to win the star prize? 101
12. In Greek mythology, who was forced to push a giant stone up a hill only to see it roll down again once it reached the top? Sisyphus
13. Name the TV show OOglies
14. Who was the only fashion designer to appear on 'Time' magazine's list of 100 most influential people of the 20th century? Coco Chanel
15. What is the German word, also used in English, for an ornamental beer mug made from stoneware? Stein
16. Which Scottish footballer sang twice in one episode of Top of the Pops in the 1980s, once with the World Cup squad and then again with his Spurs teammates? Steve Archibald
17. Can you name the city where this is found? Delhi

18. Alphaville and Betatown are 27km apart. Alan jogs at 7km an hour from Alphavile to Betatown, whilst Billy ambles at 2km per hour from Betatown to Alphaville. If both set off at 8am, how many kilometres must Alan travel before meeting Billy en route? Alan and Billy are together covering the distance at 9 kmh (i.e., on adding their speeds). So, they will cover the distance of 27 km in 3 hours. Thus, in 3 hours, they will meet and Alan will have traveled 21 km

19. What connection links these pictures: Pirates (Jack Sparrow; Sir Francis Drake; Captain Kidd; Captain Hook; Barbarossa / Red Beard)

20. Unscramble the two words : A C C E H H I K K N N O R T T THATCHER & KINNOCK

5 Mitre

10 Tommy Trinder

16. Banana
4. The pursuit of happyness

2 is the Old Kent Road. The middle of that board game looks like Haunted House - send the whammy ball down the chimney - but the board doesn't look like it. I will say instead that the anagram at 7 is O'Briain.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 28th August 2015, 12:39 PM BST

2 is the Old Kent Road.

Who is facing a death sentence in the Antipodes is Old Kent Road? Would that be the Road family from Australia, only I knew his brother Closed.

19. The Charge of the Light Brigade.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th August 2015, 1:27 PM BST

Who is facing a death sentence in the Antipodes is Old Kent Road? Would that be the Road family from Australia, only I knew his brother Closed.

Yes. Errr

3.Old Kent Road

9.Tracy Island?

Quote: george roper @ 28th August 2015, 10:14 PM BST

3.Old Kent Road

9.Tracy Island?

Tick VG on 3 George............Horse?

But I think 9 maybe Florence (the name for the old 2/- Florin comes from that city name), and the photo could be one of the hills that surround the city..........but am not 100% sure.

I think I messaged myself the answers & a new quiz
So free for all and I'll stick one up shortly
(sorry that was meant for the innuendo thread)