Things that piss you off Page 1,582

How ruuuuude!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th February 2015, 10:24 AM GMT

Never noticed it before or gave it a thought until I became an old fart; but people who say someone is "xx years young" >_< What a stupid and patronising phrase that is. NO!!! I am 70 years old NOT young. Now f**k off.

Yes, I absolutely loathe that, and want to kick the arse of numpties who say it.

Quote: keewik @ 27th February 2015, 8:51 PM GMT

Yes, I absolutely loathe that, and want to kick the arse of numpties who say it.

:D

The dismissive attitude of those who belittle mental illness. IF you've ever seen it ,suffered from it, or had to pick up the pieces following the aftermath of suicide (or suicide attempt) you'd understand.

Quote: Chappers @ 27th February 2015, 8:06 PM GMT

Haven't you got the message yet?

I don't care that said no initially. If they just didn't want to see me then fine they can say that. Don't make up a reason if you are thick enough to not remember what you made up.

You could always throw your Magic Boomerang and catch them out (possibly).

TTPYO: When I view these forums on an iPhone and it automatically opens up an Apple App Store page for some sort of stupid game. I can live with embedded ads, but it's frustrating when I'm whisked away to the App Store without having even clicked on anything.

The crowd at the Davis Cup tennis.

Shaddap you knuckle draggin' twats !

Angry

Quote: Oldrocker @ 7th March 2015, 9:00 PM GMT

The crowd at the Davis Cup tennis.

Shaddap you knuckle draggin' twats !

Angry

It's just not cricket is it!

F**king Michael Parkinson and "his" Sun Life Guaranteed Over-50 Plan - piss off.

There he is at the top of this page - that bastard gets everywhere. Angry

A few weeks ago someone at work basically yelled at me in front of everyone for not getting something done. I'd apologised and tried to explain I was really busy and just couldn't get to it. I was again yelled at and told "that's not an excuse", Even though they knew how busy I had been.

Last week I had to ask that person to do something for me. On the day I needed it to have been done by, I asked them in private if they had done it. They explained they hadn't had time.....I hope they noticed that
1. I didn't scream at them in front of everybody.
2. When they explained they hadn't had the time, I didn't shout at them. I said I understood and would sort it out, even though it had created more work for me than I had for them when I didn't have the time.

But especially the bit where I didn't shout in front of everyone.

You will gain in heaven. Angelic

Quote: paulted @ 24th February 2015, 7:16 PM GMT

when you mention something about hearing or deafness and someone says, "What?" like they just invented the joke. Oh the hilarity.....

And if they think you are deaf they shout slowly at you.

Quote: paulted @ 27th February 2015, 11:36 PM GMT

The dismissive attitude of those who belittle mental illness. IF you've ever seen it ,suffered from it, or had to pick up the pieces following the aftermath of suicide (or suicide attempt) you'd understand.

If you have suffered from it you may understand but sadly seeing it in any form doesn't guarantee understanding.

Quote: Loopey @ 13th March 2015, 5:24 PM GMT

If you have suffered from it you may understand but sadly seeing it in any form doesn't guarantee understanding.

I had it 20 odd years ago and after counselling (pills didn't work) moved on, and now someone very close to me is going through it.

Life is really shit sometimes. :(

The latest insane tendency to refer to the ground, i.e. outside in the open air, as the FLOOR. How is it the bloody floor? Floors are what you have in buildings.